Photo requests now being taken for YAM visit.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Airframes

Benevolens Magister
Aug 24, 2008
Cheshire, UK
If all goes to plan, I will be visiting the Yorkshire Air Museum on 25th April, in the company of our very own Jan (Lucky 13) and my mate Mick, when we will be meeting up with Karl (Rochie).
As with previous museum visits, if anyone has any particular request, for example for detail shots etc, then let me know by Monday 23rd, and I'll try to accommodate them.
The YAM is located on the former WW2 bomber base at Elvington, just a few miles outside the historic City of York and, apart from the aircraft collection, also houses various vehicles, a unique 'Air Gunner's' exhibition, restored WW2 buildings, including the Control Tower, and has a very fine part reproduction Halifax, utilising the fuselage of an actual example.
As with my previous museum visits, I'll be starting a 'Pictorial Tour' thread after the visit and, if I miss anything, I hope to cover this with a return visit on May 23rd, this time with a small group of local enthusiasts, historians, and members of the AVRO heritage museum.
BTW, if any UK member wants to join us on either of these dates, send me a PM and I'll give you details, ETA etc.

Thanks Charles, I'm looking forward to it. My last visit was very brief (quick deviation between customer visits) back in the mid- eighties, and it was only a small, part-time museum then.

I can help you there. I had just researched this topic for my 109 model cowl.

Attachments

• 413v.jpg
    413v.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 152
  • 431o.jpg
    431o.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 173
  • 450f.jpg
    450f.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 138

Users who are viewing this thread

Back