Viking1066
Brigadier General
Romanian PZL P.11 on skids the net
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
I think it's actually a Lycoming.WASP the net
View attachment 898164
You go to the naughty step!I think it's actually a Lycoming.
Taylorcraft L-2A with early open cylinder cowl and muffler ... later fully cowled.WASP the net
View attachment 898164
I think it's actually a Lycoming.
Lycoming O-145 65hp not used in T-craft L-2s, and had very different configuration.I am fairly sure it has Continental on the rocker hats and the exhaust location is the same as the A-50 engines.
At 22 years old in March 1945, Ensign Jane Louise "Candy" Kendeigh became the first U.S. Navy flight nurse to land on an active battlefield, arriving at Iwo Jima to evacuate the wounded via R4D. Also served in the Marianas and Hawaii.Jane "Candy" Kendeigh, at 22-year-old and newly graduated....
View attachment 898266
View attachment 898267
View attachment 898268
View attachment 898269
I've got nothing to add....
WWII US Navy Nurse Corps Insignia Pin, Fouled Anchor, Acorn, Oak LeafIs that the eagle, ball & anchor of the corp? She seems to be the same one propping the plane in post 2623. Perhaps someone could do the enlargement magic on her hat & shoulder patch in post 2623. Inquiring minds want to know.