Picture of the day (general).... (9 Viewers)

Romanian PZL P.11 on skids the net
Romanian PZL P.11 on skids the net.png
 
I think it's actually a Lycoming.
 
Jane "Candy" Kendeigh, at 22-year-old and newly graduated....

IMG_20261006_213852.jpg


IMG_20261006_213441.jpg


IMG_20261006_212956.jpg


IMG_20261006_214459.jpg


I've got nothing to add....
 
Is that the eagle, ball & anchor of the corp? She seems to be the same one propping the plane in post 2623. Perhaps someone could do the enlargement magic on her hat & shoulder patch in post 2623. Inquiring minds want to know.
 
Definitely a Douglas - C-47 or C-54.
 
Jane "Candy" Kendeigh, at 22-year-old and newly graduated....

View attachment 898266

View attachment 898267

View attachment 898268

View attachment 898269

I've got nothing to add....
At 22 years old in March 1945, Ensign Jane Louise "Candy" Kendeigh became the first U.S. Navy flight nurse to land on an active battlefield, arriving at Iwo Jima to evacuate the wounded via R4D. Also served in the Marianas and Hawaii.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back