Picture of the Day - Miscellaneous

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Fighting Italian Navy and Air Force in the Mediterranean in May 1941.

写真週報 167号 昭和16年5月7日号_.jpg
写真週報 167号 昭和16年5月7日号__.jpg

Is there a way I can view this thread simply, I mean I want to view all the photos without having to click and load 141 pages.

Crews of USS Astoria welcomed by Tokyo citizens in April, 1939.

写真週報 62号 昭和14年4月26日号.jpg

Wikipedia says -
Special duty (of USS Astoria): Hiroshi Saito's ashes
At the beginning of 1939, Fleet Problem XX concentrated the fleet in the West Indies, and at its conclusion Astoria, Richmond Kelly Turner commanding, made a hasty departure from Culebra Island on 3 March 1939 and headed for Chesapeake Bay. After taking on a capacity load of stores and fuel at Norfolk, Virginia, the heavy cruiser proceeded north to Annapolis, Maryland, where she embarked the remains of the former Japanese Ambassador to the United States, the late Hiroshi Saito, for the voyage to Japan, a gesture that expressed America's gratitude to the Japanese for returning the body of the late United States Ambassador to Japan, Edgar Bancroft, in the cruiser Tama in 1926. Astoria sailed from Annapolis on 18 March 1939, accompanied by Naokichi Kitazawa, Second Secretary of the Japanese Embassy in Washington.

Source: USS Astoria (CA-34) - Wikipedia

Yes, it's Sanseido's Daily Concise English (English-Japanese/Japanese-English) Dictionary.
I miss it too.

View attachment 596335
Source: https://aucfree.com/items/t689680716#

I had the Chinese - English - Chinese version some thirty years ago. I never needed it but I was amazed at how many words that were in there that I never expected and the very simple and yet highly explanatory diagrams it contained.
Words like aileron I did not expect and finding elevator included translations for not only building elevators and ship elevators but also aircraft elevators (the control surfaces) really impressed me.

Red Russia under the Great Purge introduced to the Japanese people in July, 1938.

One of many homeless kids in Moscow.
写真週報 23号 昭和13年7月20日号R.jpg

Soviet's threats in the Far East
写真週報 23号 昭和13年7月20日号_.jpg

Genrikh Lyushkov exiles to Japan as the highest-ranking defector of the Soviet secret police.
He advised Japanese authorities that Japan would need 4,000 tanks to attack Soviet Union.
写真週報 23号 昭和13年7月20日号__.jpg

Genrikh Lyushkov: Genrikh Lyushkov - Wikipedia

Soviet people under Stalin's control
写真週報 23号 昭和13年7月20日号___.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back