Picture of the Day - Miscellaneous (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

1937 CHINA SHANGHAI NATIONALIST TROOP BATTLE WITH JAPANESE PHOTO 上海之战 -3OF9 | eBay

1618915894655.png

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
There it was, just as Airframes said, D.H. Comet 27 Jul 49 and Avro C.102 10 AUG 49.

Let's not forget the Tupolev One Oh Four. First flight was six years later than the Comet and C.102 but was the second to enter airline service after the Comet and at the time the latter was grounded, was the world's only jet airliner in regular service. It had a better range than the Comet I and better performance, but lower ceiling. It did have an appalling safety record, but accidents were largely due to human error; no fuselages popping open. It also had a drag chute! I wonder who the lucky SOB was who had to go out and collect that at snowy crappy Siberian airports.

Last edited:
Hawker P.1121 Wing Section Under Construction c.1957
View attachment 615580

I'm willing to wager that's not "under construction". Note the tail feathers and rotor blades of the Fa 330 Bachstelze to the left! The P.1121 prototype was never completed and the type did not enter production. This picture is most likely taken at the Library of Flight at Cranfield, where an oddball collection of weird and wonderful aircraft were gathered for research purposes. Many of the surviving airframes, including the TSR.2 at Duxford and the Me 163 at East Fortune are at museums around the UK, but unlucky aircraft that didn't survive at Cranfield included the Supermarine 545 'Supersonic Swift' and a Ju 188.

Let's help wounded warriors campaign introduced to the Japanese people in September, 1938.
They were to suffer poverty in the postwar but lucky to survive.

Handicapped airman returns to the sky with new artificial hand.
33-01.jpg

Sanatorium for them is under construction in Chiba Prefecture.
33-02.jpg

Badge of honor for them has been enacted.
33-03.jpg

Comfortable sanatorium in Kanagawa Prefecture.
33-04.jpg

Badge of honor for the wounded veterans.
o0600039813199908406.jpg

Source: 『勲章 軍人傷痍記章 高価買取』

Users who are viewing this thread

Back