Picture of the Day - Miscellaneous (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Much respect for Kamikaze pilots! I think almost nothing of their bodies would remain if they were able to hit their target. I mean the explosion, almost disappears their body, something like an infantry soldier being hit by direct artillery fire.
Thanks ARTESH.
Good or bad, such pictures of their last moments are still their message to the Japanese people telling like "Don't forget your pride".
This is heavy.

Thanks ARTESH.
Good or bad, such pictures of their last moments are still their message to the Japanese people telling like "Don't forget your pride".
This is heavy.
As time goes forward, many untold / unheard stories / documents will be published by ruling regime for different purposes. Beside that, it was my personal question that how the new generation of Japanese, children and grandchildren of veterans, think about these Kamikaze or Banzai charges? Or more general, WW2?

IJN Nagato and Akagi - movie set pics for "Tora Tora Tora" in 1968.
I may have introduced them many years ago. If so, please take apology.

8178288565_997da8c763_o.jpg
8178295711_6df9b998f0_o.jpg
8178319694_424f1dfe17_o.jpg
8178325970_e4926886a5_o.jpg
8178331998_165eeee4ae_o.jpg
8178362003_9d8e120f70_o.jpg

Source:
kidegun (page1 to 6)

I would guess these photos are still shots from USN motion picture cameras, which makes me wonder how the Japanese got them in 1944 for publication. Seems like very good detective work.
Another strong possibility is that they were war trophies acquired by capturing of Islands / port cities earlier.

The Japanese were attacking ships at sea and the Kamikaze missions didn't begin early enough to have found film on land bases. Not a big point or question, just curious.

Those Kamikaze pics were taken by the US side during the Gilbert and Marshall Islands campaign on December 5, 1943.
In my limited knowledge, they could have been obtained in Sweden as introduced in any American news magazine(s) and sent by telephotography from Berlin like these photographs.

Germany makes public V-1 rocket structure in August, 1944.
D01_1944_0818(2495)2AS.jpg

Thanks for these posts, Shinpachi. I enjoy reading your translations. It's rare to see Japanese propaganda. I've seen stuff from the Allied and western Axis powers. Not as much Japanese and the little I did see, well, it's easier to figure out the German and Italian pieces. It really is informative. I love seeing the similarities to western news.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back