Picture of the Day - Miscellaneous (3 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Two restored Ki-43s at the Kawaguchiko Museum.
Hat off to the museum owner Mr. Nobuo Harada.

2_Ki-43s.jpg

Source: https://article-image-ix.nikkei.com...focalpoint&s=803727ddfbaa6369a9e9fc0b579efcdc

Interesting question, ARTESH.
From my own experiences for decades, I don't think situation is much different from our neighbors, China and Korea.
Educated people can speak English but they dare to speak Japanese even in the overseas like this PM Kishida.
As for our history class or books, I find less exaggeration than our neighbors at least.

Kishida at COP26

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Occupation of Hong Kong proudly introduced to the Japanese people in September 1942.

In my old memory, people in Hong Kong were not necessarily friendly to Japanese as old enemies even in the 1990s. I had some bitter experiences as a business man there because they gave full trust to UK and China.
I was on the Yorktown in Hong Kong in '63.
Walking down a not so well traveled street there were British women on the opposite side.
I was in USN dress blues and never heard such language directed at me while in uniform!!!!

Two restored Ki-43s at the Kawaguchiko Museum.
Hat off to the museum owner Mr. Nobuo Harada.

Terrific museum, wanted to go the last time I was in Japan, but it was closed. Note the Mitsubishi G4M fuselage in the first image. Harada has restored a few A6Ms, two of which are on display in the museum. Apparently he has a fine collection of cars as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back