Picture of the Day - Miscellaneous (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I wonder how all those places look nowadays.
Onozawa hardware shop then and now :)

Onozawa_hardware_shop_c1948.jpg
Onozawa_hardware_shop_2022.jpg

Wow, so many fantastic pics, manta! :shock:
Thank you very much for taking time for them :thumbright:
I think the old Imperial Hotel building was moved to the Meiji memorial village near Nagoya City many decades ago.

View attachment 691008
Source: 博物館明治村 帝国ホテル中央玄関 | レトロな建物を訪ねて

Inside
View attachment 691009
Source: 帝国ホテルライト館と遠藤新 その2 | 銀座時空散歩
I hope the Imperial Hotel still exists somewhere. It was designed by Frank Lloyd Wright and had been a very exclusive hotel in its day but by 1950 it had become very run down and at the time it was thought that it could not be economically restored. When I was 11 years old, our family attended a magic show in the hotel starring "The Great Blackstone". I went up on stage and helped him with a card trick.

I hope the Imperial Hotel still exists somewhere. It was designed by Frank Lloyd Wright and had been a very exclusive hotel in its day but by 1950 it had become very run down and at the time it was thought that it could not be economically restored. When I was 11 years old, our family attended a magic show in the hotel starring "The Great Blackstone". I went up on stage and helped him with a card trick.
Thank you very much for introducing your good memories with interesting stories, manta. Nothing exceeds actual experience.
The Imperial Hotel introduces its old building as the Wright Imperial from historical viewpoint with artifacts and witnesses if you like.

Last edited:
Thank you very much for introducing your good memories with interesting stories, manta. Nothing exceeds actual experience.
The Imperial Hotel introduces its old building as the Wright Imperial from historical viewpoint with artifacts and witnesses if you like.

I had no idea that the hotel still existed. I appreciate your posting this video. The Imperial Hotel was one of the world's finest hotels.

I had no idea that the hotel still existed. I appreciate your posting this video. The Imperial Hotel was one of the world's finest hotels.
Agreed. Almost people gave up the old building, even the entrance section, 50 years ago as the relocation which needed the disassembling/reassembling work had taken 18 years.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back