Picture of the Day - Miscellaneous

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I learned about the Bangalore torpedo from DC comics, Our Army At War (?). The issue was about Sargent Rock encountering his identical twin at Omaha Beach in a blasted bunker. He was a Greman!
A Greman, eh? :) actually, I preferred "Two-Fisted Tales". The artwork was really good.
61EwH3FxnnL.jpg

Paris-Tokyo flight in 1937.
In the evening of May 26, 1937, French flyers Marcel Doret and François Micheletti crash-landed on the beach of Kochi Prefecture, 600 kilo-meters to Tokyo. They were rescued by the local people but had wounded for three weeks in the red cross hospital.

Soon after the crash.
Marcel_Doret_and François_Micheletti_1937.jpg

François Micheletti and Marcel Doret with French Ambassodor Charles Arséne Henry and his wife in Tokyo
Marcel_Doret_and François_Micheletti_1937_Tokyo.jpg

Source: Press Rengo Photo News (May 1937)

My father worked for Pan Am and we used to fly to Berlin to visit family then rent a car and drive thru checkpoints to Poland. Remember all the tank traps, mine field signs that were posted. Remember my dad making a mistake and an East German border guard yelling Halt auf, öffne dein verdammtes Fenster and a bunch of them pointing their sub machine guns at us, fun times. We did that 4 or 5 times and it was always interesting

My father worked for Pan Am and we used to fly to Berlin to visit family then rent a car and drive thru checkpoints to Poland. Remember all the tank traps, mine field signs that were posted. Remember my dad making a mistake and an East German border guard yelling Halt auf, öffne dein verdammtes Fenster and a bunch of them pointing their sub machine guns at us, fun times. We did that 4 or 5 times and it was always interesting
Every family has it's version of family fun!

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Just confirmed that Japan Air Transport Co., Ltd. purchased a Beechcraft D-17E in 1936.
Tachikawa & Tokyo Aircraft Co., Ltd. assembled the model in April, 1937 for the first time.
Licensed 20 in total were assembled by April, 1939.
Thanks.

View attachment 715359
Source: 10 Years of Japan Air Transport Co., Ltd (1938)
It was C17E, not D-17E.
Sorry.

Beechcraft_C-17E.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back