Picture of the Day - Miscellaneous

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nakajima AN introduced in 1939.
Caption says this was developed based on P26 and structure was already classical.

Nakajima_AN.jpg

Source: Sky (April 1939)

A new one for me. Thanks Shinpachi Shinpachi

Ran a contest against the A5M for the Navy fighter of the mid 39s?
This is a very good question, Escuadrilla Azul.
Nakajima AN was originally built as Ki-11 to compete with not only Kawasaki Ki-10 for the army but also Mitsubishi A5M for the navy in 1934 but failed both to be adopted. Later prototypes were sold to press companies like Asahi , Osaka Mainich and Tokyo Nichinichi.

Nakajima Ki-11
Nakajima_Ki-11.jpg

Source: Wiki

I love the Chrysler Building. Check out the hood ornament gargoyles. I believe there's trim work lower down that are in the style of hubcaps. There's also Walter P. Chrysler's toolbox displayed in there.

This is a very good question, Escuadrilla Azul.
Nakajima AN was originally built as Ki-11 to compete with not only Kawasaki Ki-10 for the army but also Mitsubishi A5M for the navy in 1934 but failed both to be adopted. Later prototypes were sold to press companies like Asahi , Osaka Mainich and Tokyo Nichinichi.

Nakajima Ki-11
View attachment 715741
Source: Wiki
I guess that as Ki-11 lost against the Ki-10 due to the paramount importance of maneuverability for a japanese fighter in mid 30s.

Very modern for the mid 30s with enclosed cockpit and low wing monoplane.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back