Picture of the Day - Miscellaneous (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

5 year old genius violinist Koji Toyoda makes his debut with his teacher Shin-ichi Suzuki in Tokyo on February 20, 1937.
The 5 year old is 4 year old in modern counting.

5yo_Koji_Toyoda_w_teacher_Shin-ichi_Suzuki_in_1937.jpg

Source: Press Rengo Photo News (Feb. 1937)

Koji Toyoda (1933- ) in the 1960s
Koji_Toyoda_in_1960s.jpg

Always give bacon to child prodigies
Thanks Jim :)

Koji's teacher Shin-ichi Suzuki (1898-1998: right) and his guardian Herr Albert Einstein in Germany (left)
Shin-ichi_Suzuki(right)_and_his_guardian_in_Germany(left).jpg

Gift to Suzuki from Einstein
Gift_to_Suzuki.jpg

Joline and I were going through a few boxes of stuff yesterday and I found this among my Dad's souvenirs. In pencil is written "Jap Plane Pearl H." Where and when he got a tiny piece of a Japanese plane that had been shot down at Pearl Harbor on 7 December 1941, I have no idea.View attachment 730890
I guess might be from a B5N, except if it comes from the inside.

The japanese planes were painted in the inside of the cockpit?

This is another find in my Dad's stuff. The medal has beautiful colors and it appears to have the 16 petal chrysanthemum of the royal household. On the back is a pin and a number too small to read. Does anyone know anything about what this medal may be?

Front.jpg
Back.jpg

Nicest stuff again, Neil :shock:

This is the Order of the Sacred Treasure (瑞宝章 = Zuihousho) with lettering (勲功旌章 = Kunkoh-seisyo = Honouring your service for the nation) on the back. Class is unknown without the accessories but was given to a civilian.
01.jpg
02.jpg
zuihou-3.jpg

Source: 瑞宝章とは

This badge was given to a staff for the enthronement ceremony of Emperor Hirohito held on November 10, 1928.
03_Front.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back