Picture of the Day - Miscellaneous

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nicest stuff again, Neil :shock:

This is the Order of the Sacred Treasure (瑞宝章 = Zuihousho) with lettering (勲功旌章 = Kunkoh-seisyo = Honouring your service for the nation) on the back. Class is unknown without the accessories but was given to a civilian.
View attachment 730974View attachment 730975View attachment 730977
Source: 瑞宝章とは

This badge was given to a staff for the enthronement ceremony of Emperor Hirohito held on November 10, 1928.
View attachment 730976
Thank you for this information I think this medallion may be of some value. In any case, I am impressed by its vivid colors, especially after almost 100 years!

Thank you for this information I think this medallion may be of some value. In any case, I am impressed by its vivid colors, especially after almost 100 years!
It was a staff badge which was formally called "大禮使職員及大禮使事務關係員徽章 taireishi-shokuin oyobi taireishi-jimukankei-in kishou." A rare item as one time issue. In the case of Class A, value would be around 1k bucks.

That is amazing to hear. I will keep it- for a while, at least. Thank you.
My pleasure, Neil.
69 men were given the class A badge.
Here is the name list as a historical record.

Source: 大礼警衛事務便覧 (Grand Ceremony Escourt Guide Book 1928)

Attachments

• 0004_0000.jpg
    0004_0000.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 13
  • 0005_0000.jpg
    0005_0000.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 13
  • 0006_0000.jpg
    0006_0000.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 10
  • 0007_0000R.jpg
    0007_0000R.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 13
World-famous French cello master Maurice Maréchal and his accompaniment pianist René Herbin arrive at Tokyo Station in the afternoon of February 21, 1937.

Maurice Maréchal(1892-1964: left) and René Herbin(1911-1953: center)
Maurice-Maréchal_and_René-Herbin_tokyo_1937.jpg

Source: Press Rengo Photo News (Feb. 1937)

News from Paris dated February 20, 1937.

"Flight attempts between Paris and Tokyo for the contest sponsored by French government have been failed by French flyers three times since the last autumn. Now, a pair of Georges Libert and Gilbert Denis challenge 4th time with a Caudron-Renault plane."

Monsieur Denis
Monsieur_Denis_1937.jpg

Source: Press Rengo Photo News (Feb. 1937)

manta22 manta22 , man, you should open a museum and share these things!
Being an Army Brat our family lived in many places and collected many little treasures over time.

Here is something you might be able to help me with a translation. My first wife lived in Beirut in the late'50s and was evacuated to Rome during the "Lebanon Crisis of 1958". Her then- husband was a military attache in the American Embassy in Beirut at that time. Is this an Identity card of some sort?

Attachments

• Ella Arabic Document Cover.jpg
    Ella Arabic Document Cover.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 11
  • Ella Arabic Document Inside.jpg
    Ella Arabic Document Inside.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 10
Being an Army Brat our family lived in many places and collected many little treasures over time.

Here is something you might be able to help me with a translation. My first wife lived in Beirut in the late'50s and was evacuated to Rome during the "Lebanon Crisis of 1958". Her then- husband was a military attache in the American Embassy in Beirut at that time. Is this an Identity card of some sort?
These papers were shown alongside the ID cards, I believe these are public ones, as all writings are in Arabic, so anyone were able to read, and if necessary, help the owner.

If you need full translation of what is written, send me a pm.

Good point is that you care about these "treasures". What are they?, where did they come from? When we're these built / issued / used? Etc. ...
These vary from family records, photographs, etc to coins from foreign lands, art, native crafts, and all sorts of things. One of Dad's assignments was to travel to the Middle East to report on our US supply system. He returned through Egypt, Kenya, and across Africa on his way home. He picked up a few souvenirs on the way. One item that he brought back was five leopard skins which he had made into a magnificent coat for my Mother. :) I copied his 8mm movies to DVD and then created a video that I posted on YouTube.
View: https://youtu.be/RI1Zh-A-Fsw

Users who are viewing this thread

Back