Picture of the Day - Miscellaneous

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Active aircraft carrier in Truk at the time was only "Junyo (Jun-yo)" as other four (Hiyo, Syokaku, Zuikaku and Zuiho) were under repair after the Battle of the Santa Cruz Islands. So, Painter Syori Arai's A6M2 colorscheme in Truk can be understood like this :)

A6M2_Truk_1942-1943.JPG

"Artillery Firing Scene" by Kohei Ezaki(1904-1963).
This picture captures a dynamic moment when a cannon is shot with a command "Fire!"
He was well known as not only a Japanese-style painter but historical costume advisor for Akira Kurosawa's movies like "Seven Samurai" in the 1950s.

Kohei_Ezaki(1904-1963).JPG

Source: Pacific War Painting Masterpiece Collection Vol.2 (1968)

Kurosawa(left) and Ezaki(right) in 1957
Kurosawa_and_Ezaki_.jpg

Source: 面白い! 黒澤明 『隠し砦の三悪人』 [11] | J ・ KOYAMA LAND番外地

Sorry but Painter Shori Arai's A6M2 again.
In monochrome picture, this airframe may have looked one color.
This is logical as color has been a question for me for a long time when some people suddenly began to claim that the A6M2 color was light green, not light grey, plausibly though I learned the standard color of A6M2 was light grey as a kid.
I am now satisfied. Thanks :)

A6M2(Jun-yo_1943)01.JPG
A6M2(Jun-yo_1943)02.JPG
A6M2(Jun-yo_1943)03.JPG

A6M2(Jun-yo_1943)04.JPG
A6M2(Jun-yo_1943)05.JPG

Edited : Rendering resized and updated

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
No Perm Movement in Japan begins in June 1939 to concentrate on the ongoing war in China.
This no perm rule seems to be still alive at some schools and offices nationwide.
My discovery as an old man is that people are more conservative than I thought as a young man.

Police gives warning to girls ca. 1940
No_Perm_Movement.JPG

Source: History Photos of 30 Years Showa-era (1955)

Perm
perm.jpg

Source: パーマとデジタルパーマの違いは?時間や値段、持ちの良さを徹底比較

Users who are viewing this thread

Back