Picture of the Day - Miscellaneous

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Beaufighter SAAF 19Sqn sinks minelayer Kuckuck Fiume Croatia ASBIZ
Beaufighter SAAF 19Sqn sinks minelayer Kuckuck Fiume Croatia ASBIZ.jpg

Is that the ship's REAL name? Sounds like something from an old Frank Zappa song!

Yes .. it is correct ... the 4000 ton minelayer ( ex-Vittorio Locchi, cargo vessel built for Italian Tirrenia S. A. Nav.) "KUCKUCK" sunk on 24/02/1945, Fiume (Rijeka), Yugoslavia

19 45 2 24.jpg

19 45 2 24_.jpg

the source: RIJEKA attack by SAAF 19 sqdn 1945

21st century breakfast in America......pre cooked bacon, microwaved chicken biscuits and k cup fresh brewed coffee.
View attachment 783976
Mmmm! I'll pass thanks. :|

Sorry................................
Two eggs, over med. Buttered toast. Crispy bacon. Hash browns. Corned beef hash. And Perc coffee. Please!!!!!!
Now that sounds better. I'll have a serve please. :thumbright: :lol:

I cook real bacon, eggs, hash browns and coffee every weekend when my wife is off from work. That one in the picture is a fast food but not from a fast food place.....if that makes any sense. I don't think my sons even do breakfast, they are in their 30s and 40s.

On March 1, 1942, IJA 16th Army began to land Java Island. Operation completed on the 9th.
Local people were watching how to fight well for their future independence as Indonesia.

Java_Operation_Mar_1942a.JPG
Java_Operation_Mar_1942b.JPG

Source: History of Showa-era (一億人の昭和史・日本の戦史 8・太平洋戦争 2)(Dec.1978)

21st century breakfast in America......pre cooked bacon, microwaved chicken biscuits and k cup fresh brewed coffee.
View attachment 783976

You need to move to Hilo Hawaii where smallest item on the breakfast menu means you will get two big plates of food, overflowing, for starters. I ordered with hash brown and toast and thought that was the full order but then the waitress said did I want the pancake or waffle. I said pancake, thinking a single small one but that really meant a three 10 inch diameter half inch thick pancakes on their own plate, with syrup etc. No wonder so many Americans are obese.
1719011332472.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back