Picture of the day.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

A damaged Tiger , Sicily ...

Tiger Sicily.jpg

... could be Canadians was a joke
My bad! I am terrible at sarcasm in print or verbal, I once went into my see my boss, I wanted a new software tool set, and he looked at it and said, 1500 bucks, heck its only money. Apparently he was being sarcastic and I went ahead and ordered it not realizing that. Oh well live and learn! ;)

Deathride: Stalin - Hitler, John Mosier

This is a 'revisionist' history of the Eastern Front. It's very, very well researched and is revisionist in the sense that Mosier dares to challenge the veracity of the Stalinist history of the GP War. Stalin was a disastrous military leader, he had no defensive strategies and could only order attack (from experience in the Civil War) ... to catastrophic consequences. Mosier contends that the Soviets only won their first clear military victory on June 22, 1944 (Bagration). By any standard what Hitler's forces achieved is staggering ... more armored vehicles produced in 1943-44 than they had in their tank park in 1941.

Hitler's single most serious mistake was abandoning the clash at Kursk ... it was the last chance the Germans had to assemble and wield the necessary forces to crush the Soviets.

Stalin, in Mosier's view, could never have defeated Hitler had he not had massive aid from the Allies and the second front in the Mediterranean. The Kursk armor went to Anzio.

Mosier observes that Stalin's narrative has become the WW2 narrative of the literate world and ... that the narrative is a lie .... from a Communist autocrat and the system he engendered and nurtured. Kill those that don't tell you the numbers you want to hear

A great read with amazing statistics on the achievements of the German forces. 10:10
51z2bdfY89L._SX328_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
386676_e75e57ff2037f6faedb4e4893321de7b.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back