Picture of the day.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

1870 medals - Histomil.com gebirgs-ja-ger-pionier-btl82-remagen-ahrweiler-pfalz-rhein-237-jpg.515256/?hash=76c9da0e22525fe29f30de5e9772eb25
Gebirgs-Jäger-Pionier-Btl82-Remagen-Ahrweiler-Pfalz-Rhein-237.jpg

So Tie, you knew James Goodson? Cool.
Went down alot of the east coast airshows and symposiums with him and a few other 4th vets for about a year and a half. His son owned a leather jacket business and I would tag alot hawking my lithos and prints with Jimmy and the guys. Oh, the stories...\\:D/
The best day was when we went down to Florida and spent the day visiting with Don Blakeslee. Still sharp as a razor, still hated the germans(?) and still had a loaded .45ACP nearby:2gunfire:. A real character. So, I spent the afternoon totally geeking out with ever question I could thing of.Total gentlemen they put up with all my unabashed enthusiasm. I remember reading somewhere that Don had make an impassioned,dramatic speech to the brass about getting the 'stangs and was always curious as to what he actually said. His response..."We were the best." Oh, well the books were wrong again.
Jimmy was the consummate gentleman. Spoke French,German and a couple other languages (hence the Nuremberg gig) and very willing to share with his adventures.
I miss him, and all guys, very much.:pilotsalute:
img060.jpg

Jimmy is on the right.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back