Picture of the day.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

1870 medals - Histomil.com
Foto-WK-II-Wehrmacht-Rückansicht-eines-PKW-WH.jpg

Caption - "The Brewster "Buffalo" (F2A-1) Navy fighter is a favorite with many American Air Force and Royal Air Force pilots. This plane, which is usually based on a carrier, is exceedingly maneuverable and capable of excellent performance at high altitudes. Powered by a 1,000 horsepower Wright cyclone engine it has a top speed of about 330 miles per hour, a range of 1,000 miles and a ceiling of approximately 35,000 feet ." <-- A tad bit optimistic eh?

Source - U. S. Library of Congress

View attachment 514413

Just a wee bit! :)

Why would two holes be cut in the fuselage just ahead of the fuselage hatch?

Souvenir hunters....possibly the source of an embellished "war story" if/when the thief made it home. "There I was, minding me own business when this sodding great Messerschmitt dives at me and starts shooting. So I gets me rifle, takes careful aim...and brings 'im down with a single bullet. And here's a piece of the kite just to prove it!" etc etc. :)

Last edited:
Souvenir hunters....possibly the source of an embellished "war story" if/when the thief made it home. "There I was, minding me own business when this sodding great Messerschmitt dives at me and starts shooting. So I gets me rifle, takes careful aim...and brings 'im down with a single bullet. And here's a piece of the kite just to prove it!" etc etc. :)

Except it came down in friendly territory.

Something a little different:

Caption - "A still-running 1942 International (brand) truck in Shoshoni, Wyoming. Its owner says that in its prime, the truck hauled logs to big cities in support of the (World War II) war effort."

Source - U. S. Library of Congress [Photo taken circa 2016]

Truck.jpg

She was working at Radioplane at 16 years old.

Also, post #12661, it seems the Germans "found" a Studebaker we gave to the Russians.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back