Picture of the day.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

KV-6 ... a joke using the pic from post #13,643.

KV-2 joke.jpg

the pic source: the net...

Is it knocked out and I just can't see it? If not, why the hell is there a cavalrymen and his horse standing in front of it? Anyways, excellent picture Wurger!

This Corsair, I'm assuming, was trying to make a carrier landing but was going to fast, ending up with him stuck vertically (it's from a video, that's how I know), and he broke 2 wires in this. To the pilot, I salute you for your not being able to understand that you must land at a certain speed (lol).

Who knows what problems the poor pilot was dealing with. Not funny to me.

View attachment 533779
This Corsair, I'm assuming, was trying to make a carrier landing but was going to fast, ending up with him stuck vertically (it's from a video, that's how I know), and he broke 2 wires in this. To the pilot, I salute you for your not being able to understand that you must land at a certain speed (lol).

The reason for the carsh wasn't the speed during the final approaching but the altitude. In the film it can be noticed that the main mistake the pilot made was too high flare. As a result the arresting hook missed the first braking cable and at least two next one as well. And this resulted in getting caught up in the crash barrier.

Here a couple of screenshots from the documentary..

corsair crashed_b2.jpg

corsair crashed_b1.jpg

corsair crashed_b.jpg

corsair crashed_a.jpg

corsair crashed_a1.jpg

corsair crashed_a2.jpg

corsair crashed_c.jpg

corsair crashed.jpg

the source of the screenshots:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back