Picture of the day.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Histomil.com
bundesarchiv_bild_101i-277-0846-13-_russland-_panzer_vi_-tiger_i-jpg.572260
Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-277-0846-13,_Russland,_Panzer_VI_(Tiger_I).jpg

Nice shot of B-24 #71 - I hadn't seen that one before! The aircraft is Blue Streak, one of the original Halpro aircraft. "Borrowed" from a British production order, the aircraft was delivered with Dark Olive Drab uppers and Deep Sky Blue undersides.

She was later featured on the box art for the Revell 1/72nd scale kit.

Cheers,

Dana

Colonel James Beckwith, commander of the 15th Fighter Group, in his P-51 Mustang 'Squirt' leading P-51s of the 45th Fighter Squadron from their base on Saipan to their new base on Iwo Jima, March 7, 1945. Note the VLR tanks. The basing of Mustangs at Iwo meant that now B-29 raids from the Marianas could pick up fighter support as they approached Japan.

COLJAM~1.JPG

That is a very stirring photo ... speaks to the supremacy of the US in the Pacific Campaign. Distances and scales involved, this campaign is arguably the most complicated campaign in human history. Made more impressive becuase the campaign went from idle in neutral to turbo ovrrdrive in only four years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back