Picture of the day. (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

American Troops Algeria.jpg

American troops on board a landing craft heading for the beaches at Oran in Algeria during Operation Torch, Nov 1942. No photo credit available,

Mariya Smirnova.jpg

Hero of the Soviet Union and squadron commander of the 588th Night Bomber Regiment, Captain Mariya Smirnova. Summer of 1945. Her medals include:
  • Hero of the Soviet Union
  • Order of Lenin
  • Three Orders of the Red Banner
  • Order of Alexander Nevsky
  • Order of the Patriotic War, 1st Class
  • Order of the Red ⭐
  • 🏅 "For the Defence of the Caucasus"
  • 🏅 "For the Liberation of Warsaw"
  • 🏅 "Veteran of Labour"
  • 🏅 "For the Victory over Germany in the Great Patriotic War 1941–1945"
No photo credit available.

It was the Japanse that attacked the soviet first i believe in the pre 1939 border wars.

That's wrong, Snautzer, but that's also why we don't trust them from the historical perspective.
The border incident would not have happened in the year 1939 if they had not abducted one of our corporals in January.
This was the first step toward the battle beside they were seeking a port in the Korean peninsula since the 19th century.
We do not hate Russians but do not trust them as a nation.

Last edited:
"... We do not hate Russians but do not trust them as a nation."

The russian empire, unlike america, had pre-existing states blocking its path, moslem Turkey, amongst others, but the russian empire bulldozed it's prizes and beat all opposition handily .... and then .... they met the Japanese. Disciplined, brave beyond belief, efficient and most important, not CORRUPT. And Japan crushed Russian power and burst Russia's pretensions as a 'player'.
How dare the little yellow man best the blonde knights of Muscovy, they ranted.
As a result, Russia hated Japan in a way that Japan didn't hate Russia in return ... they had been humiliated and they were not for it ever happening again. That message started at mothers' milk ...

There's no trechery like Bulshevik trickery-trechery ...

At the cease fire at KulinGo, in Septmber 1939, the Soviets tricked the Japanese in the prisoner exchange thereby leaving 1,000s of Japanese soldiers are unaccounted for .... Soviet Slave labour. To be joined by 1,000s more in 1945. "Good workers, those Japanese".
Much of the LL war material that was used by the Soviets to attack Japan, on August 28, 1945, was transported by Soviet flagged vessels (neutral) from American ports in Washington, Oregon, to the Vladasvlostok rail head. The japanese submarines could only watch.
But Japan's naievity about Russia speaks to their repeated begging Muscow to please, please act as mediator "in our war with America" ... up until hours before August Storm broke on them.

Would it be fair to say, Shinpachi, that Japanese believe that Soviet Russia lost its honor by its actions against Japan .... and the question today is "what does Russia need to do to regain its honour".

Last edited:
Thanks Snautzer and MM for your kind comments.
So Implicative.
implicative, suggestive(adj) tending to suggest or imply.

No, no and no, do not be so touchy. Is that a thing in Japan when ever this period is discussed? I only ment it is not my field of interest, and i take it it yours.
I do not suggest, just stating i do not know enough about this part of the conflict.

We cool? ( Urban Dictionary: We cool? )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back