Picture of the day.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

WW2 Picture Photo Sexy Rita Hayworth sacrificed her bumpers for war 1942 0082 | eBay

1587896104191.png

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Since the British freed Belsen concentration camp, everything possible has been done to make the children forget any horrors they may have seen there. Most of these children had Jewish blood and many of their parents died in the camp. British soldiers have given up their cigarette rations to the adults and their sweets ration to the children of Belsen camp. Toys have also been requisitioned from nearby towns. Children playing on the swings at the Belsen concentration camp, Germany on April 26, 1945, which are erected by a R.E.M.E. detachment. A British soldier gives a helping hand.

Since+the+British+freed+Belsen+concentration+camp,+everything+possible+has+been+done+to+make+t...JPG

RAF B-26s in formation over Egypt, likely 1943.
I didn't know the Brits used B-26's. You learn something new every day.

View attachment 578955
These are Marauder Is of RAF 14 Sqn.
They were used in North Africa and the Med for anti-shipping and maritime reconnaissance. 14 Sqn has the distinction of being the only Marauder unit to conduct successful torpedo attacks vs enemy shipping, sinking a couple ships in the Aegean Sea in early '43.

... it strikes me that there is something profound vastly historical ... about this picture ... and about why Hitler was able to motivate and move so many millions of Christians. Just finished a re-read of Panzer Gunner, an account by a Canadian-born Mennonite whose parents had NEVER lived in Germany but were German Ukrainians. His parents sent him and his brother BACK to Germany in 1937. The father then left Canada for Germany and father and son both served on the Eastern Front. Hitler spun fibers of myth and history and made an irresistible 'magic carpet'
Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-394-1459-31,_Russland,_Soldat_mit_Osternest.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back