Picture of the day.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Maybe it's a hack. Often war weary planes were stripped of their guns and armor and used in a utility role.
Not necessarily. This is not a strafer Havoc, but a modified bomber, probably -B, could be -C, from the 47-th BG in North Africa/Italy. The "greenhouse" bombardier's nose is overpainted. These a/cs usually had 2 guns installed in the nose (field modification) + 2 side guns. I can see the former on the first picture, just above the front teeth. I believe the ports of the latter are in the black area of the shark's mouth thus "unvisible" for us - check under the 5-th tooth, in front of the tongue.
A-20_47th_Bomb_Group_shark_mouth.jpg

Below is shown the same (or similar - one never knows:rolleyes:) modification:
23.jpg

Picture copied from the 47-th BG. site here: 47th Bombardment Group

Last edited:
Thanks for the link.
You are welcome!
Lots of photos there - not only of the planes but of the people and places too. I've been following this site since years for pieces of information. Occasionally my favorite B-25 shows there as well.
Cheers!

Heinkel He 111 abandoned during the retreat after the Battle of El Alamein and 'commandeered' by No. 260 Squadron RAF, who painted it with RAF roundels and the unit code letters 'HS-?'. They used it to fly supplies, beer and other necessities from Alexandria to their bases in Libya

!!!mnms6pg5kcr51.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back