Picture of the day. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

A Douglas B-18 "Bolo" of 7th BG over downtown San Francisco. January 17th 1938

B-18_7th_BG_over_downtown_San_Francisco_17jan38.jpg

Designed for the use of aerial mappers, an unusual, glass nosed airplane has been undergoing tests at Marshall, Michigan.
The machine eliminated many of the limitations which have confronted flying surveyors in ordinary planes. Constructed on
plans drawn up by Talbert Abrams, an aerial survey company official, the plane affords unobstructed forward and
downward vision for pilot and photographers, stability and long cruising radius. The motor is in the rear of the cockpit
and is fitted with a pusher propeller. 8 December 1937.

DESIGN_1.jpg

The heavy cruiser, USS Chester. Looking aft from aside CA 27 Chester's forward funnel during OS2U operations in the lead
up to the invasion of Iwo Jima. This is most likely on February 12 when Chester was off Tinian island for practice as the island
off Chester's port Kingfisher does not match the silhouette of Iwo Jima.

0402766.jpg

Attachments

• s-l64.jpg
    s-l64.jpg
    1.3 KB · Views: 20
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
As someone, originally from desert, I can't even imagine being in such "COLD" places... :coldcold::coldfeet::cold:
Hi Artesh, I am in Scotland and today I couldn't open the car door because it was frozen shut and when I got in I had to scrape the ice of the inside and outside of the windshield glass to drive it. Extreme dry cold is better than cold wet wind and rain which saps all your strength and ability to stay warm. Snowy days are great and fun as long as you have the correct gear.

Hi Artesh, I am in Scotland and today I couldn't open the car door because it was frozen shut and when I got in I had to scrape the ice of the inside and outside of the windshield glass to drive it. Extreme dry cold is better than cold wet wind and rain which saps all your strength and ability to stay warm. Snowy days are great and fun as long as you have the correct gear.
Hi AL, it remembered me an old memory of my great grandmother... She was originally from Tabriz, a mountainous city in North West of Iran... She always was talking about digging tunnels from doorstep to main Street, or just simply walk on snow till they reach home, in winter... I spent a good chunk of childhood, in old waterway systems, called "قنات", some of these tunnels are +1500 y. o. and still working.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back