Planes you wish were in IL-2

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Oh, and the Messersmitt P.1101 would have been nice, particularly since it was a lot further allong than the Ta 183 in reality. (also was more maneuverable and had better low speed handeling with LE slats)

It would have been nice if more planes had offered the R4M armament, are there mods for that?

And the wings and engines look wrong on the whirlwind, looks like more like the Hornet's wing (or a scaled down Mossie wing, or a Vampire's) with merlin engines. (instead of the smaller, shorter peregrines) The fusalage, canopy, nose, and tail look very good though.

But on the british planes, there should ba a hell of a lot more in Storm War.

Actually a good start would be to make all the aircrafts in the game flyable...but I kinda doubt that ubisoft will invest more money in a game so old...great nonetheless... plus there many new projects so...

Axis:
He-280
Fiat G.55 maybe G.56
Fw-190 A-2
He-112 / He-100
I have no clue about Japanese planes, but they seem to have most of them, except for maybe that Me-262 clone.

Allied:
Typhoon (or is it in? can't remember right now)
Meteor (it had to have been in Il-2 1946)
Spitfire Mk.I... has now been delivered via mod
Spitfire Mk.IVX (starting to see a pattern here, does Oleg hate British planes?)
Dewoitine D.520
F8F

You have a Tempest to Typhoon Mod m8 but a new aircraft in its own slot isn't too far from around the corner - you can also get a Mod the makes two of the Spit IX's into Mk XVI........the last Merlin version with a bubble-top canopy 8)

Some planes were not flyable due to legal reasons I think, from wikipedia:

IL-2 Sturmovik (video game) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The lists includes only flyable aircraft. Due to intellectual property issues, several important US planes - such as the TBF Avenger - could not be included in the game as flyables. [1]) This list is correct for version 4.08m IL-2 1946

And while it has been continualy updated, the basic game is getting kind of old, the quality is good grapics in most respects as well, though a little bit dated. (water and cloud rendering is excellent)

But the game is a memory hog, inefficient as well for the updated material added to relatively old software, while playing a campaign it used over 500 MB of ram (sometimes as high as 800!), a quick mission builder with 8 planes used over 400 MB at some times, and just the game loaded alone used 2-300 MB.

I think Ubisoft is putting most effory in the totally new (not compatable) Storm of War: Battle of Britain, a true sequel to the Il-2 series. (and the graphics and models look outstanding on that)

I want some helicopters :greenjumpers:

Flettner_282_airborne1.jpg

R-4_AC_HNS1_3_3001.jpg

Last edited:
Hello,
Go to the allaircraftarcade web site and you'll find the night F4U, SpitfireXIV already released.
Also the Blackwidow is already a WIP.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back