Planes you wish were in IL-2

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hmm, my wishlist would have to be

Meteor
Vampire
Hornet
Fury (biplane and monoplane!)
He100/112
Fw87
Ar240
Whitley
Hampden
Wellington
Battle
Skua
Ju86
Skyraider
MiG-15
Panther
Thunderjet
Sabre

So, I'd probably like 1C to make a Korean war game based on the IL2 engine :lol: But even putting the Korean war types aside, more early war British aircraft would be good, plus some oddball German piston-engined types to go with the oddball German jets! 8)

Good news, the last decent stand alone Korean sim I can think of was MiG alley, although IIRC there was a Korean war mod for Strike Fighters as well. Surprising really, given the vast range of types used in Korea and the importance of airpower in the conflict that it hasn't been more widely modelled...

Would be kind of nice to have the P-36A (USAAC) along with the He280 and He100. I heard there's a Ar196 mod, though I haven't seen it yet.

By the way, did they ever make the Fw189 flyable?

I wouldn't mind flying the Natter or Oaka, though it'd be a one way trip.
The Viper was re-usable...the Okha wasn't... :lol:

The Ba349 was designed to launch like a rocket, fly into the bomber formations and unload it's nose-mounted rockets. At that point, the pilot bails out and both the Viper and pilot descend to earth by parachute.

The Viper was re-usable...the Okha wasn't... :lol:

The Ba349 was designed to launch like a rocket, fly into the bomber formations and unload it's nose-mounted rockets. At that point, the pilot bails out and both the Viper and pilot descend to earth by parachute.

Almost. I believe that the pilot and the engine area came to earth by parachute but the rest of the nose just fell to earth. The nose had to be replaced for each flight plus of course any engines that were damaged by hitting trees, walls, rivers and all the other things that can get in the way.

It's not very well known, but the Henkiel He-112, a fighter designed to replace the 109. Other planes would be the Fw-189 uhu, Fw-200 Condor, He-177 Greif "flying lighter", Lockheed Hudson, Boulton Paul Defiant P.82, and Italian planes like the Macchi's. Sorry if any of these do exist, I'm not into mods too much.

Last edited:
With planes like the Do-335, and the ta-152H, i would like to see some late, late war allied planes even the ones that didnt see combat.

Most noteably the P-51H, and the P-47N, or M.

I had this discussion and apparently they decided to add more jets and other interesting aircraft because there was already two or three variants of the P-47 and 51, so it might seem a bit redundant.
It still a bit frustrating to see that they added the Ki84 C variant that also never flew, but certainly packs a big punch in the game.
What about the Ki-44, a classic Japanese interceptor with its 37mms, and it actually saw service.
Maybe they thought it was too similar to the ki-43, which also has 3 variants, but its actually a much heavier plane designed for bomber intercepts.

As for prototypes, the XP-72 or F-72 would also be a great plane to model and fly in that game, just to put things in perspective as far as what the US/allied forces could've produced if there was a greater need to intercept enemy bombers.

Just my thought.

Bill

Users who are viewing this thread

Back