Plz i need some help i ruined my b29 monogram

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yea I need to clean! I did wash the plane b4 spraying the first time but there was still dust and allot of damn hair . Probably from cats! I'll know better this time thx

Just a question... is there the blue grey paint on the wing tops still not removed or you had to leave it there becuase it was quite difficult to get rid off? Is that the primer?

No it's sanded down to the primer

Just a question... is there the blue grey paint on the wing tops still not removed or you had to leave it there becuase it was quite difficult to get rid off? Is that the primer?

Oops sorry made mistake. Yea still grey Paint on there yet .To hard to remove. Sanded the hell out a it . Its repainted now

Yea .I don't know if I'm doing this right with putty .I got Tanya in tube. Goes on nice using qtip but it comes off easily when I sand so I sand lightly .But had to do a few coats of it .In not sure if that's how ya do it

OK. It seems you you did fine with the putty. OK. Please post a pic of the putty tube with its label . I need to check on something.

Here my other questions and a comment . The answer to the question about the putty you may omit.

Tamya putty
I did post a pic of the putty tube. The squares in top or going to be fusalodge color .As far as sanding its not done yet. I'm still working on it. Rear wing needed to be glued on again. Waiting for that to dry .Yea there's still mistakes but I learned a ton of stuff and had fun .I'm going to do another b29 and I will do it the right way with right tools. Thank you

Attachments

• 15207694430442106687139.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 64
OK. So the paint should be the primer. because of its very nice adhesion. But you have already applied the dark grey colour at the wing tops. That's a pity. When you asked me about the dark grey paint I was sure you was talking about the engine cowling only. Sorry my mistake.

Well.. sleep well . I should be on line all day long today. Tomorrow I'm going to be a little bit busy in the morning and afternoon but later I should be on line too.

OK. What is your local time at the moment?

Also please tell me if the dark grey colour is the final coat for the engine cowlings and the wing tops? I mean the paint seen in these two pics below...

Last edited:
Well.. sleep well . I should be on line all day long today. Tomorrow I'm going to be a little bit busy in the morning and afternoon but later I should be on line too.

OK. What is your local time at the moment?
Well. I was about ready to put final paint on .And I took one last look at anola gay in museum .Well the antennas were in wrong place. So went to fix those and also seen the squares I made on the top were wrong as well so...now. Here we go again with sanding .Then..as I was doing that my right rear wing had cracks .Then came off all together. Then I noticed around the canopy I realized I could do a bit better putty job around it So as I was touching that up it came loose .Omg I'm never gonna get this done lol .

Attachments

• 15213106562011684883393.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 52
Hello Justine, so sorry to see things going sideways here. I'm not sure why you chose to start modelling with the largest 1/48 kit there is (Italeri C-130 may be bigger) other than the fact that you like the Enola Gay but might I suggest you cut your teeth with something smaller just to get used to everything. These Tamiya kits almost build themselves and you could probably buy all three for less than one B-29 kit.

Oh I know but I'm have so much fun though. I learned ALOT. I really only had trouble because I never researched and had all the wrong tools. Next plane is gonna be better .Will be doing the p51 .And the ones you showed me. Thx

Unfortunately the pic you posted is too blurry. I can't see anything in there. The model can be done soon. But you don't need to rush. These antennas should be attached at the end of the build. If you want to attach them to the correct places you need to wait until the model is painted. Also the squares.. you don't need to mask the plastic there. You may apply them over the dark grey paint later Why do the same work twice?
That's a pity you disappeared from online for some time. But I know the reason for is the time, However the chat is very important as much as pics of good quality posted here. If you want us to help we have to see what is done like.

Btw. My dad got me the 1/48 b17 for Xmas that's how I started on the big planes . I didn't post for some time because I painted the grey strip I wanted it to cure and plus I had surgery. I just got back to it now. Here's another pics. I'm about to put the final cost of paint and it's gonna sit for few days .The right inner engine is melted. I think I told you that in another post .I ordered a new one. I put it on the plane for now. Also ordered a new canopy because I think I can do better .Its going to be far from perfect if course but the objective is is to learn and have fun .I got a b17 here yet and I can't wait to show you how far I come and the improvements I've made.

Attachments

• 1521315515675196239801.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 63
A correction of almost done model isn't an easy thing. According to Murphy's rules for a modelling it is easier to start everything from beginning. However your B-29 doesn't look bad. Why the right engine was melted?

Hope the healing goes well. Looking forward to the B-17. I've got an F model in the stash as well as a B-24D, B-24J, B-29, AC-130 and several twin engine jobbies. The F and the B-24s will eventually become assembly ships

Users who are viewing this thread