Plz i need some help i ruined my b29 monogram

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

A correction of almost done model isn't an easy thing. According to Murphy's rules for a modelling it is easier to start everything from beginning. However your B-29 doesn't look bad. Why the right engine was melted?
Well I was impatient and painted it. Out it in front of my heater to dry quicker .Well I had it to close and it melted lol.

So your model isn't ready to paint. You can't apply the colours untiil all works on the model surfaces are finished.

Also you have attached the engine cowlings but I'm afraid you didn't need to do that. It would be easier to paint these cowlings separately.

I know .I'm still working on that part. It broke off last night. Will be painting later today

Hi Justine,

I've been following your post, on the B-29, and I just have to say; You're doing one hell of a good job!

Keep on going... I can't wait to see it when you're done.

Please wait. Which light grey paint are you going to use ? What about the dark grey paint you have already applied?

Final cost of paint. Need to redo strip across the wings. Color to dark. Going back to a ghost grey like I had before. I ordered new canopy. As I tried to fill in the gaps around it. It came loose a few times . I got pissed off at it and figured I'll let it go untill new one comes in .Thank you all for your help

Attachments

• 15216436995421195847329.jpg
    15216436995421195847329.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 64
  • 15216437668161139215355.jpg
    15216437668161139215355.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 64
  • 15216438882362003751448.jpg
    15216438882362003751448.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 64
Please wait. Which light grey paint are you going to use ? What about the dark grey paint you have already applied?

I don't like the dark it should be lighter because that's how the original plane looks .At first I thought the light grey I used was to light. So I sanded it off and used darker grey. So Idk. I think I should go back to the light

Yea. If you look at the anola gay in the museum you will see what I mean. The light grey I have is to light . That's why I got the dark. But it's just to dark after I looked at it for awhile . I let this plane dry a week and I still can't touch it without getting fingerprints on it .I know I have the paint on to thick .But I only did that because I really don't have correct paint and as I was spraying it was like orange peak and looked terrible . I know how to spray correctly so I don't know why it was doing this . I got a new can of paint which was suppose to be the same as the other paint I first put on. I did not have this problem the first time I painted. Anyway I had to get closer and put it on thicker .It looks nice actually to me but I know it's not right . I have to have gloves on to touch this plane. But I'm done with it now pretty much .Been at it 2 months. I still gotta replace engine and canopy but that won't be for awhile. I am going to do B29 Bockscar with this same kit and it's going to be totally different and 101% better

Do you think it looks ok though?

Yep that's the trouble with the kind of paints. Their range isn't as great as those dedicated for modelling eg. ModelMaster/Testors etc... However it seems that the light greay paint can be use both as the primer and the main colour. Using the paint in the way you would get a nice primered surface for the chrome/silver paint and you didn't have to apply the grey at the wing and the fuselage tops twice.
Also a tip fo the future.. you don't need to attach all parts/pieces to a model before painting. A couple of them can be painted separately. Eg.. the cockpt conopy, the engine cowlings or antennas. It will allow you to operate them easier and avoid their getting damaged.

And yes she looks quite nice. It is not easy to get something corrected if fixing is needed.

Thank you .Yes I mounted the crowlings thinking I was done painting them. But damn I was wrong now I gotta tape them while on the plane .I put the antennas on before painting because I'm clumsy with glue yet. I'm to shack I didn't want to get the glue all over the final paint. But thank you for your help and responding to me .I will post pic when I'm done with strip. I'm working on it now . With gloves. Grrrr

Thank you .Yes I mounted the crowlings thinking I was done painting them. But damn I was wrong now I gotta tape them while on the plane .I put the antennas on before painting because I'm clumsy with glue yet. I'm to shack I didn't want to get the glue all over the final paint. But thank you for your help and responding to me .I will post pic when I'm done with strip. I'm working on it now . With gloves. Grrrr

To avoid the getting the glue all over the final paint a needle has to be used. You have to spill a little bit of the glue onto a piece of cardboard ot an aluminium foil and then pick a very small drop with the needle. The small drop can be applied into the hole ( slot ) for the antanna nast for instance. Another way is to use a pair of tweezers to keep the antenna mast. The part of the antenna that has to be put into the slot should be dipped in the drop of glue. Certainly the antenna mast has to be painted before gluing. Here is a nose wheel leg for my cardboard B-24. It is made of paper soaked with the Superglue and then painted with the aluminium rostoleum like paint. To attach the part to the model it is enough to apply some of glue at the top of the leg where the wire is protruding and put it it its slot.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back