PM Models 1:72 Scale Horton 229

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I have the landing gear all done and painted. The kit provided a one piece fron gear that was absolutely Mickey Mouse and the rears were not much better. Probably the most elaborate front gear I've ever come across. The front wheel I machined out of a piece of plexiglass. None of the odd wheels I had seemed to work.

100_0807_zps0d462a0d.jpg

100_0811_zps52abe7a5.jpg

The War Dept. has decided to renovate our kitchen this winter which means I'm not finding much time for modelling. Peach is not a colour no matter what anybody says !!!

Well the whole upstairs of my house is torn apart and we are now living in the basement. Hav'nt had a ton of time for goofing off but managed to get this done up over the weekend. I'm pleased with how it turned out all in all for such a poor kit. Looking forward to building the Revell kit !!!

100_0835_zps9208d0cd.jpg

100_0834_zps33e63eba.jpg

100_0829_zpscf55d2ef.jpg

100_0838_zps2600b249.jpg

Nice Job!
It's nice once in a while to take a cheap model and rework it into something that looks great.
I bought the Testor's 1/48 scale Me-163 and scratch-built the interior and corrected the inaccuracies of the kit. Came out pretty good.

Congrats again on a nice job.

Nice Job!
It's nice once in a while to take a cheap model and rework it into something that looks great.
I bought the Testor's 1/48 scale Me-163 and scratch-built the interior and corrected the inaccuracies of the kit. Came out pretty good.

Congrats again on a nice job.

That's funny you would mention the Me-163. 30+ years ago I built a 1:72 scale one, I think Frog,not sure but I remember thinking what a rip off, there was only about 5 parts to the whole kit plus a canopy that to scale would have been about a foot thick !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back