PM Models 1:72 Scale Horton 229

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Bustedwing

Tech Sergeant
Dec 6, 2005
North Delta BC
Never even knew they made plastic model kits in Turkey. The best thing I can say about this kit is the quality of the plastic is excellent. The second best thing, it slightly resembles the real thing, The third best thing, it was free. I've never heard of nor seen a tandem Ho 229 but I decided to have a bit of fun with it anyways.
229a_zpsa0036c35.jpg

229c_zps4cc7a2d5.jpg

229b_zps5f64e2e3.jpg

Scratched up a make believe tandem cockpit so far and that will be about it for extra detail. I'm thinking about either a North Africa camo or easter front camo...nice thing about it is there's no way it can be wrong !!!

Nice. However looking at the PM/Pioneer model and knowing of other ones of the firm I would recommend the Revell kit rather. Although the one requres a couple of corrections at a few areas too .. The PM/Pioneer kit is very basic one. Below comapring of both kits.

brziztmhhzzhqnm5h.jpg

Addtitionally a couple of images that can be useful.

Ho+229+iso+1.jpg

Ho+229+midline.jpg

I actually have the Revell kit as well and yes there is a huge difference. The 1:32 scale kit will be very interesting to see. What kills me about the PM kit especially looking at the picture, I guess if the guy in the back want's to eject he just retracts the nose wheel !! Cause where he's sittin is where it goes !!

Seats done. Now some work on the inlets and out lets, the outlets are shaped more like the door of a doghouse so I'll make some tubes and cones for a little better realism on an utterly fake looking kit. As well the inlets, made some little turbine wheels out of beer can aluminum and cones by spinning some sprue in a drill and shaping them. I'll post some pics when done. It's kind of interesting to be able to make stuff up as I go along without searching for referance material !

100_0748_zps7d149418.jpg

Last edited:
Jet inlets and exhaust all done. I used beer can for the turbine wheels. Pic is no so good. It's actually painted as well, made up my own eastern winter camo, post pics over the weekend.

ex_zps4f511099.jpg

in_zpse5e5ec86.jpg

Behold, the little known tandem seat grossly misshapen Ho-229 of the Russian front winter campaign.

paint_zps1ffa7e1e.jpg

Still have the under side to complete and some more convincing undercarriage but for a major $#itty kit it's turned out not too bad. Probably going to give it back to the guy who gave it to me. He knows nothing about planes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back