Post models that aren't yours !

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Very nicely done indeed! It should have the antenna wires from the mast for this period though (pre July 1940), and very possibly the early, 'pole' type of antenna mast. Also, the crow bar on the entrance flap wasn't normally fitted at that period, being a later addition due to problems with canopies jamming in an emergency (non- jettison type then).
Still an extremely good conversion from the MkV kit though.

Fantastic overall and WELL beyond my skill level. My only critique is that the exhaust lines are too straight.

Man I love criticizing talent that is beyond my human comprehension. Makes me feel... so... superior in my inferior world. :rolleyes:

Very impressive.

That's a stunning piece of work for sure.

Terry, you say pre-July 1940 but doesn't the black/sky underside make it later than that?

Here's a Catalina you guys should look at. He's been working on it for a few years and I'm beginning to wonder if he will ever finish but I would'nt want to button it up if it were mine. A visible Catalina would be better with all that internal scratch-built detail. Be sure to click on parts 2 and 3 at the bottom of the page...

PBY-5A Catalina- Revell-Monogram -1/48

...nevermind. This is a duplicate post from a long time ago. Fantastic build. Just didn't realize that someone had flagged it again. Too bad the URL does not show any progress.

My apologies... carry on.

It's a superb job isn't it?
Andy, I think the Spit is supposed to be black/white on the undersides. This scheme gave way to Sky by late June 1940, after the fall of France. A similar scheme, with a black port wing underside, was introduced on 27th November 1940, at the same time as the Sky spinner and tail band. Lock's Spit is depicted at the very opening stages of the BoB.

Too bad the URL does not show any progress.

Yeah, like I said I don't think he wants to button it up. Would you? After all that work? He would be better off opening some panels and making a diorama of the plane under repair. No matter how much lighting you include, 90% of that detail is going to get covered once the fuselage halves are mated.

Fantastic! There are a couple of gimmicks that aren't necessary, like the moving flight engineer's seat, and the top turret isn't quite right in shape, but so what?! The thing which does it for me is the realistic exterior finish , - excellent!

Amazing stuff but still, it's a shame most of that internal detail gets buttoned-up. Each to his own I suppose - maybe that modeler feels that a photographic record of his work is good enough.

Anyway, here is some stuff that doesn't get hidden. I know it's railroad modeling but if you appreciate dioramas this is a site for you!

Miniature World

Oh c'mon, you have got to be effing kidding me. :shock: 1/48th moveable armrest, hinged flare tube and working head with **** in it? This guy must border on the eccentric genius type.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back