Post your desktop backround

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

one of several

Attachments

• Tamara_run.jpg
    Tamara_run.jpg
    274.4 KB · Views: 194
Great prop blur on that one!

Thanks Mate

My Dad was lucky to get this,He'd just got his Canon 350D and was one of his last days with that company

My Dad's the ameteur compared to my brother

He recently did his first Air to Air with a Hughes 500 from a Robinson 44

Said it was some fun ,with the wind and all

What do you do your shoots from?Cessna's?

I have never actually shot a picture from a Cessna of another airplane. I typically jump into a formation lineup and take shots from the formation. It is much easier on the pilots if they are flying similar aircraft. That's not to say that dissimilar formations aren't done, they just aren't as easy (as if flying formation is easy!). I have shot from a T-6, T-34, Stearman, L-19 Bird Dog (whoops, I think that one is a Cessna), T-28, AN-2 Colt, B-25 and a Rockwell Commander. I think that's everything I have flown in for photo flights.

Shooting from a helicopter can be difficult because of the amount of vibration that they generate.

Sorry to interupt the flow, but a quick question for Eric. I've been using a pair of Olympus OM1's since they were first introduced, with various lens combinations. I'm keeping them, but think it's about time I got into the digital world. I won't be doing any air to air anymore, maybe, rarely the odd bit of ground to air at airshows. My main requirement would be model (plastic, not female!) photography, so I'm wanting good close up and depth of field as standard. Looking at Olympus E420 , Nikon D60 and Sony DSLR A300. My ex-wife's got the Nikon, which I find slightly cumbersome (for me) and off balance. Any thoughts on my choices Eric?

Here's one of the other screens I use, from a very recent commission. So recent, in fact, that the client hasn't got the painting yet!!

Attachments

• Blenheim 22-4-2008 004.jpg
    Blenheim 22-4-2008 004.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 187
Not sure I can help you with that one, Terry. I don't know the Nikon D60, and the others I can unfamiliar with. What I will say is that the camera body does not make the difference, the glass makes a huge difference. You can have the most kick-ass camera body in the world, but if you put a crappy lens in front of it, it's still going to take crappy pictures.

For that kind of photography, I'd look at a short zoom with macro, like an 18-135, or something like that. Make sure it has macro so you can get the details.

Hey Terry

I'm no camera expert but my brother says nikon and canon are very good but as Eric said it's the lenses that make the shot

Him and my Dad both have 30D's which is why I've got full acess to the 350D

my borthers currently loooking at upgrading to the 40D or 50D

Don't know if this helps but thought it may in some way

What do you use Eric?in that siggy it looks like you've got a pretty nice sigma?

Hey Terry,

Nice job on that painting, also wanted to mention that I have a Pentax K100D DSLR and I use the 100 Macro lense for extreme close in shots. It gives me great results under varying conditions.

Not sure if we have a Photography (camera and related) thread, but perhaps we should, so we could discuss the equipment...lol

Thanks for the help, Eric, Daniel and Dave. Totally agree about the lens, was once a tech rep with Kodak, on the pro side.
I will be able to use some of my existing lenses, with (fairly expensive) adaptor, but, it was more the quality of the digital body I was looking at, as digital is still new to me. I'll probably go for the Nikon, as a local deal includes a good Nikor lens, short zoom. Thanks again. and thanks for compliments on the painting. Back to the thread!

another wolfie.

I also have an A-10 pic with 30mm ripping but it is 3-4mb and the mods would kill me - I really don't want to shrink it as the detail is unbelievable

Attachments

• Scariff and friend.JPG
    Scariff and friend.JPG
    154.1 KB · Views: 164
Most of my desktop wallpaper consists of pictures of my wife, our dogs, and our models. I change pictures pretty much every other week.

Here's my current shot: My wife and HER Piper Cub model at our local R/C field.

Attachments

• Micki  Piper Cub.jpg
    Micki Piper Cub.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 182
Here's mine:

Attachments

• Desktop.jpg
    Desktop.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 138

Users who are viewing this thread

Back