Post Your Models!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I thought you might like to see a few images of the 1/32 PCM Tempest V. This is Remy van Lierde's aircraft with No 3 Squadron, part of 150 Wing based down at Newchurch in Kent. Van Lierde was credited with 40 V-1s destroyed and finished the war with a DFC and two bars. I've still to add the narrow band in Belgian colours (Black/Yellow/Red) to the spinner.

There's some lovely and numerous bits of photo-etch in the cockpit, sadly most is not visible through the rather small cockpit opening!

A nice kit.

Cheers

Steve

Nice one Steve. What did you think of the kit?

It's very nice. The fit is much better than on some limited run kits. It's much better than the PCM Hurricane for example. There is a lot of photo-etch to deal with and some nice resin bits and pieces. It's not a kit for beginners who might struggle with some of the techniques required but any competent modeller would have no problem at all.
I've been told that the Special Hobby kit will retail for about 20 quid less than this one. We'll see if it does, but the PCM kit sets the bar quite high and will take some beating.
Cheers
Steve

Thanks for the info Steve. I might consider getting the Special Hobby MkV kit when it's released, although I'm trying to restrict the number of 1/32nd scale models, due to cabinet space. And i don't have any more room for further cabinets!

Thanks for the info Steve. I might consider getting the Special Hobby MkV kit when it's released, although I'm trying to restrict the number of 1/32nd scale models, due to cabinet space. And i don't have any more room for further cabinets!

I know what you mean! I have quite a few "resting" in the loft.
I think I'd be interested in the Tempest II, which is an option as I understand it, from Special Hobby. I quite fancy one in Indian markings, something unusual for the shelf
Steve

Yep, it was the Tempest II I was thinking off. As you say, rather unusual and, as I already have a Typhoon with four-blade prop (when I eventually finish the re-build!), a Tempest V, or even VI (the third proposed kit from SH) would look too similar. I'd even considered converting the Hobbycraft Sea Fury into a Tempest II at one time!

I'd even considered converting the Hobbycraft Sea Fury into a Tempest II at one time!

Brave man! They are superficially quite similar but when you start to look at just how much you'd have to do it becomes a major re-modelling project.

As you can probably tell, the thought had crossed my mind, fleetingly, too.

Cheers
Steve

Users who are viewing this thread