Post Your Models! (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hey all , its been awhile since ive been around , busy with life stuff but getting back into building a few , this 1/24 BF109 i finished awhile ago , hope u enjoy.

Attachments

• BF-109 001.jpg
    301.2 KB · Views: 150
  • BF-109 003.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 145
  • BF-109 005.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 147
  • BF-109 007.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 140
Thanks, those were done recently with Tamiya spray paints. Here is my first A6M2b 1/48 Zero, a Pearl Harbor plane done with
an air brush. I think it was around 1995 and it was a cheap brush from Testors from a blister pack for $10 maybe. I think the paint
was Xtracolor in the yellow tins, not sure but I think it was IJN grey? I also used Xtracolor metallic blue for the "blue bamboo" color
called out for the cockpit and wheel wells. I have been going to j-aircraft now for about 12 years and were those colors wrong! Oh
well, live and learn. The only thing I did right is the instructions said the stripes on the tail above and below the AI-101 number might
not have been there so I left the tail stripes off. I recently purchased a Warbird History book on the Zero and found a picture of AI-101
on the Akagai deck the day before the Pearl Harbor raid with NO stripes on the tail. John

Beauty. Gotta love research to set one straight....after the fact. I've also got a bottle of metallic blue and am wondering where to use it now
Do you build jets? The rear cockpit section of certain F-15s were metallic blue. John

Users who are viewing this thread