Post Your Models!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks fellas

I'll be starting another one this week, a Tamiya 1/48 Zero. Might go a bit easier on the weathering this time! LOL

Hi Guys
I originaly started reading this thread because I wanted some info on markings, topside and underside for a He162 but after 13 pages my brain fried. I mean the stuff on here is good but there's TOO much of it.
So now I'll try to drop some pics on and ask for anyone to help by giving me a source or pictures for the markings.
Regads
Dragonsinger

The "stress tester" on the port wing will be the jetpipe for a gas turbine on a later model. this one is the test bed.

OK a bit clearer. This beastie will fly on Rapier power.

Before you ask 1/24 scale scratch built balsa and tissue and, since it's a jet, aluminiumn foil.
PS It's grown a bit since the pics but still no wings fixed in position.

Thanks Wurger. Now I have some cockpit detail and I found Micdrow's details of how to set out the lettering of Luftwaffe aircraft on another thread.
Thanks again guys.
Dragonsinger.

Hi again
Progress report

from the top.

Straight at you.

Port topside.

Port side.

The strange looking bits will be the engine cowlling for when I have to put the Rapier rocket into the engine nacel.

Last pic is from Mikes Flying Scale Models and shows what it should look like in the air.

Attachments

• Front .jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 87
  • Port Topside .jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 100
  • Port Side .jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 99
  • he162la2.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 90
Hi Catch22 Wurger
Sorry Catch she wont be R/C. She will be Free Flight, which in theory means a short duration flight trimmed for a port or starboard circuit under power and a straight(ish) glide to landing. I have some video clips but they're all too big to upload so take a look here Mike's flying scale model pages
I really like the innovation put into the Luftwaffe jets and some of the experimental stuff was incredible. Check out the site above for some info.

Originally I opted for the 162 because it was the only design I could see where I could locate a gas turbine in its original position and that shape is positively magnetic. I want to use this one as a skills refresher then redesign for the jet engine and finally go for a DH108 which is unfortunatley outside of the WW11 timescale. The DH108 will probably be 1/12 in stead of 1/24 and hopefully it will be R/C. In between times I think I can have a lot of fun with the experimental stuff.
If you desperately want the videos drop me a PM.
Regards
Dragonsinger

Users who are viewing this thread