Post Your Models!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I took a swing at something outside my comfort zone, something Japanese.

It's the A5M 'Claude' from the 1/32 and not exactly brilliant Special Hobby kit.

Port.jpg

FSQ.jpg

I tried to get the yellowed aluminium dope finish for which these Japanese aircraft were known, but without overdoing it. This was as good as I could get it :)

What if Galland came down in an English field in late August 1940? He had about twenty victories which can't be taken away but the rest of his illustrious career? His ruthless self promotion after the war? Etc., etc. None of that would have been possible while he kicked his heels for four and a half years in a Canadian PoW camp.

Because of this (1/72 Tamiya Bf 109):

PFQ_B.jpg

Great stuff and I really love the Wildcats! That is Jmmy Thach's plane, right? I'm also a sucker for pre-war USN/USAAC paint jobs.
Taken way before digital cameras. Really too bad. Lots of detail out of focus. Oh, well.

14B

I took a swing at something outside my comfort zone, something Japanese.

It's the A5M 'Claude' from the 1/32 and not exactly brilliant Special Hobby kit.

View attachment 736541

View attachment 736542

I tried to get the yellowed aluminium dope finish for which these Japanese aircraft were known, but without overdoing it. This was as good as I could get it :)
perfect construction, nice!

Last edited:
Here's something unusual for me, it's Russian, even if it's really American.

It's a P-39 Q-30 Airacobra of 213 GIAP of the 22 GIAD (Guard Air Fighter Division) of the VVS in early 1945, when the white diagonal recognition marking (and white nose) were introduced. I don't know much about the VVS but my limited research indicated that this unit was one of those that removed the outer machine guns, so that's what I did.

It's from the Special Hobby 1/32 scale kit, which is...average.

SFQ.jpg

Port.jpg

Mostly MRP's acrylic lacquers were used for the painting (I've become quite enamoured of them). Various markings were sprayed using masks from Montex. Weathering with various washes and some oils from Abteilung. Varnishes from Winsor and Newton.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back