Posting Problems

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Got a new problem now Wurger. :(

When I click on Forums...I get this... no Forum headings, only the info on far right. (Pressing F5 helps - but is there a permanent solution?)

Clipboard01.jpg

I don't have the problem here. Not sure what the reason for that can be. Do you use the WiFi connection?

Last edited:
I've had problems like that recently, too.

It is intermittant and happens either on the ipad or my computer at random times.

The other problem is the "Post Reply" text area is missing. Often it takes refreshing the page several time and once in a while, I just give up and close the browser and come back later.

All we can do is to wait for Horse's coming. He is the only man with full access to the server. However I would check on the net browser plugins and the AdBlock ( if you use ) updating.
I remind myself that I had a such problem once in the Modelling section. But since I have dissabled the WiFi and stayed with the cable connection only no problems with displaying forum. So I suspect it is the reason for that. There can be something lost while transferring data with the WiFi connection.

Last edited:
My computer is connected via Cat5 direct to the router while my ipad is wireless. Both have the same issues.

The ipad's Safari browser clears it's cache each time that Safari is closed and it cannot use plugins or third-party add-ons.

As far as my FireFox goes, the only third-party add-on is Flashgot, otherwise it's fully updated, currently v.47.0

And to reply to this thread, I had to close my ipad and come in with my computer, since the Safari was not "seeing" the "Post Reply" text area, but Firefox did. (and here I am)

Earlier, though, my computer did not see the "Post Reply" text area but the ipad did.

There doesn't seem to be a set pattern to this - it can work fine all day, then all of a sudden, one or the other won't see certain parts of the forum or be able to use the features.

I honestly suspect that it's a database issue.

I've seen increased instances of pages not loading fully as well over the last week. Opened threads are all jumbled up about 1/3 of the time and need to be refreshed.

Also had instances of what Graeme reports above. Not using Wifi is not the answer!

It is possible. However I'm still wondering why it happens to a few guys here while other ones don't have any troubles. I'm on line for almost 20 hours per a day everyday. In the same time you have a problem with the forym I don't. Really doubt the server and the forum soft can work so selectively. Maybe you come here when there is something changing ( updating, for instance) Anyway we have to wait for Horse.

We also have to keep in mind that not everyone gets the same routed connection across the globe.

Add to that, the Cloudflare interface, which in my case, is connected to the server via San Jose. So net traffic can cause a delay in the data exchange when then can result in uneven loading from the database.

I just did a quick look at this page's database resources and saw that there's 14 different sources. Most are CSS stylesheets but several are .JS database callups - anyone of which can impede the proper function of this (or any other) page if the remote data loads too slowly.

Andy is your router also the wireless one ? If it is please check your net connection manager on what connections are found by your system.

Yes I have a wireless router but the second part of your answer isn't something I fully understand my friend. My wireless network manager sees 9 other wireless networks in my home area in addition to mine.

Just happened again:

Capture.JPG

If you click with the left mouse button , the Net connection icon at the bottom Window bar on right side you wiil get a menu where yuo should find the
Network and Sharing Center. By clicking on the sub-menu you will open a window with all of the nets your computrer is connected. You may access the window via the Control Panel too. In the opened window you can see the diagram with your current net connection at the top and below you will find names of all other nets connected. The cable connection is usually named as the Local Connection these wireless ones have the strength of signal icons on right side next to their names . If there are a such nets you should disable them by clcking on the Disconnect option on right and next to the signal icons.

BTW... You may take a screenshot and post here .I'll check on this and photoshop istruction.

Just happened again:

Yeah! Your screenshot - get the same thing here CR - it's all over the place at times.

You lost me with a lot of the terminology guys - the troublesome PC is hardwired, but the trouble-free iPad which works perfectly with the forum is WiFi.

As Dave said - probably only been happening for a week or so for me.

Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back