Problems with 'Hotmail'? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Airframes

Benevolens Magister
Aug 24, 2008
Cheshire, UK
A few days ago, 'Windows Live Hotmail' was updated and 'improved'. Ever since, I've had problems, not being able to access e-mails, send new e-mails, in fact, all I can do is view the screen!
I have been able to open one message, after clearing all the browser history, but nothing since!
Is anyone else who uses 'Hotmail' having a similar problem?
i have NO idea how to solve the problem, and there is no way, I know of, to inform the administrators of 'Hotmail'.

What browser are you using? If you're an IE user, try opening Hotmail using Firefox or Opera. I had problems with a junk hotmail account in the past, using IE. Eventually there was another 'patch' that 'fixed' the 'problem', but I try to stay away from Microsoft products if possible.

Thanks RA. Yes, I still use IE, as I had problems with some applications when I tried Firefox, particularly recognition of pictures. (That was a compatability problem, and meant swaopping back and forth.)
I managed to open some messages yesterday, but can't do anything today ! I'm hoping it's just a temporary glitch on their system. Everything else on my PC works fine.
Any suggestions will be gratefully accepted !

Don't think I've got 'Outlook', but I'll check. (The 'Hotmail' is liasted in my 'Favourites' box, for ease of access.) This is a real pain !

Thanks Hugh, I'll have a look. It might just be a temporary thing, as I've noticed 'Hotmail', and only this application, have been very slow, off and on, recently.

Well,tried 'Outlook', and although it configured, it showed NO messages in the in-box ! Still can't do anything at all in the 'Hotmail' either! Anyone know how to contact them??!!

I deleted my account after it got hacked....guess I should check my junkmail more than once a quarter! Someone with a Hotmail account should be able to get their support email for you. Sign up for a Yahoo or Google mail account (they're free), and contact Hotmail. Or, since its owned by Microsoft now, you could contact them. Again, though, you'd have to have an email address they could respond to.

BTW, do you shut your computer down regularly? If not, try rebooting once in a while to clear the memory cache. Also, you can go into Internet Explorer--Tools--Internet Options and use the options there to delete cookies, browser history, temp pages, etc. If nothing else, it'll help your computer breathe a bit easier.

Thanks RA. Yes, I shut down regularly, after every use, and I've also cleared the memory cache, browser history etc. this was suggested on the so-called 'Help' page of 'Hotmail', with a mention that some functions might be different since the 'improvements' ! No mention of how to carry out any 'different functions' though !
I'm recieving e-mails - jsut can't open them or reply, or delete. the only item which works is clicking on 'Contacts' - I can then see my entire list of contacts, the ones I can't reply to, or send new messages to !
I would change to another provider, but I want to, and need to, retain my current e-mail address.

You could try Google Chrome (webbrowser) as well. I had issues with FF and Hotmail some weeks ago, changed to Chrome and it worked. Now that the issues with FF seems to be solved, I switched back to FF.

I've changed over to Google Chrome, and that seems to have done the trick ! It also seems to be a lot faster too !
Thanks for the help guys, and thank you very much for the suggestion Marcel !

No prob! IE isn't a bad browser, its just bloated and slow (hey, its Microsoft, after all) and has a lot more security risks than Firefox or Chrome. I played around with Chrome for a bit, but went back to Firefox.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back