Quite appropriate for Memorial Weekend

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The actor who portrayed his character in Band of Brothers did an excellent job. The quote was interesting, and chilling the first time I heard it.
"The only hope you have is to accept the fact that you're already dead. The sooner you accept that, the sooner you'll be able to function as a soldier is supposed to function: without mercy, without compassion, without remorse. All war depends upon it."
The ironic part about that is that he lived through WWII.

Yeah, I thought he was played excellently in Band of Brothers (as were Lipton and Winters as well). Certainly surprising he survived the war in a way but he really was an excellent soldier and deserving of all the accolades that he gets. I didn't really like the style of the writing of the website but the sentiments and point portrayed I certainly agreed with.

I really like that quote as well, the character has a number of good (chilling) quotes in the series.

:salute:

Yeah, the site takes some getting used to....I find it to be hilarious, yet he doesn't take any special liberties (as far as I've seen so far) with historical fact. Every historical figure he highlights is fairly accurate. I great, if slightly irreverant, tribute to some great people.

Don't rent it, buy it. I find myself watching it many times over the year. It doesn't get old or stale. Plus you can only watch one or two episodes at a time before you get exhausted.

Badass of the week is an awesome site, I've never laughed so hard. His write up of the A-10 is the best.

I've enjoyed all of them...."beef jerky" was good, as was "The Entire Continent of Australia". (followed later by a writeup on Steve Irwin, the guy who took on The Entire Continent of Australia).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back