RabidSnaps

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks, y'all! I would've loved to see her land, as well, but when the 2-year-old starts getting hot, tired, and bored, its time to leave.

Walked out to the end of the taxiway (whatever the strip of concrete between the hangars is called) to watch her actually take off. I was quite surprised that nobody else walked out there either. Had a good conversation with one of the CAF guys (standing watch out there, I guess) and the professional photographer (seen sitting on the little push-cart that moved Fifi out for engine-start), and nobody seemed mad at me, so I guess it was okay. Oh, well, either way got some good shots that I'm purty darn sure nobody else got!

From a recent trip to the Ft Worth zoo:

(need to play around with Gimp and PS3 a bit, try to burn the sky a little more. I miss shooting B&W infrared film, so not having dark, dark skies to backdrop everything else just kinda rubs me wrong, ya know?)

My Canon Rebel either has some crud on the mirror, or my 70-300 lens is starting to fog up (its about 15 years old now, and is a Quantaray lens, so while its served me well over the years, it wouldn't surprise me that its going out), so I need to get a new lens somewhere. For these pics, I used my wife's new Nikon D7000. Her old Nikon D80 took a nosedive off a tripod and broke the lens-mounting ring off. It can be repaired, but due to impending photo shoots (one last weekend, one today, and another tomorrow), we couldn't wait the 6 or so weeks to have it repaired. Nice camera!

Just took the grand tour RA. Great looking family and equally great shots. I agree with the others, B&W looks the best. I like to experiment and put a bit of color in some of my shots. A bit time consuming but worth it.

Geo

Thanks, y'all....just realized I never posted any pics from our trip to Orlando Florida last year, including the trip to the air museum. Just got back from the Dallas Arboretum (botanical garden), so I'll have to go through and see if I got anything good.

Instead of bogging down the forums with a ton of photos, here's a link to our blog (mostly my wife's) with some photos from this weekend.

(hint...click the photo!)

Nice stuff, Kirk! I have the D80 and have been drooling over the 7000 for a while, just hasn't been in the budget lately to get one. I like the contrasts of black and white.

For your Quantaray lens, look into getting it cleaned. Glass elements shouldn't cloud up.

Users who are viewing this thread