RAF Application

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well that was a bit anti-climatic.

I'm back home now after completing the aptitude tests. The reason? If I went any further with the course I would have to repeat it all again next January if I wanted to graduate (if completed I would of been doing Initial Training in the summer which would mean I missed my final semester of University). Because of this I choose to leave after the aptitude tests so that I can complete University before starting my initial training (if I get through) and I didn't want to to the aptitude tests again and risk failing them.

So in short, I got pilot on the aptitude tests :)D) and because I didn't want to do the whole course again next year, I choose to leave and complete the rest of the course in the summer. This is the option they offered me to allow me to complete my degree without having to repeat the whole of OASC.

Still the day I was down there was great fun and I am looking forward to go back to it in the summer.

Right quick update.

Week before last I phoned up Cranwell to arrange a visit down to continue where I left off. Wherein the promptly said that because I had left I had left and had failed the aptitude tests. At which point I corrected them and told them what the review officer had said and gave them my reference number. At which point they went "oh" and started arranging things for me to return. So I am returning to Cranwell to finish from where I left off on the 5th of July which I am really looking forward to.

My 3 Branch choices are as follows: 1) Pilot, 2) Intelligence and 3) Medical Officer (Bursary though Medical School).

Week before last I phoned up Cranwell to arrange a visit down to continue where I left off. Wherein the promptly said that because I had left I had left and had failed the aptitude tests. At which point I corrected them and told them what the review officer had said and gave them my reference number. At which point they went "oh" and started arranging things for me to return.

Get used to this sort of thing Gnomey, it happens - A LOT!

And why not Air Traffic Control as a second string, pray tell???

Remember Pilots are responsible for 1 aeroplane - Air Traffickers are responsible for LOTS! (usually in the same piece of sky where I was concerned! :cry: )

Never really fancied ATC - seems too stressful ;). I can always change my options just what I thought about at the time.

They phoned me again this week, date of my board has changed because they got it wrong. I was in for a 6th Form Scholarship Board with 15 year olds :rolleyes:. Sorted that now and am going down the following week (12th July) for the rest of my board. Still really looking forward to it. Now to get my fitness improved to above standard.

Never really fancied ATC - seems too stressful ;). I can always change my options just what I thought about at the time.

They phoned me again this week, date of my board has changed because they got it wrong. I was in for a 6th Form Scholarship Board with 15 year olds :rolleyes:. Sorted that now and am going down the following week (12th July) for the rest of my board. Still really looking forward to it. Now to get my fitness improved to above standard.

It could be worse, when I went for my medical for the RN it was on a Wrens day, I was the only male for a medical and being only 15 at the time was more than a little embarrased.

Get used to this sort of thing Gnomey, it happens - A LOT!

And why not Air Traffic Control as a second string, pray tell???

Remember Pilots are responsible for 1 aeroplane - Air Traffickers are responsible for LOTS! (usualy in the same piece of sky where I was concerned! :cry: )

I concur its a lot of fun and the best thing is you can question pilots ancestary and tell them where to go

Users who are viewing this thread

Back