RAF Hendon Museum England.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

fmk.6john

Airman
Aug 6, 2007
Hi all,

I got myself down to our RAF museum at Hendon on Friday and thought I would share some pictures with you all, ok so they are not all WWII birds but I hope you will enjoy all the same!!.

Lastly some berk got in the way of this one .

Regards,

John.

Some more for you all to have a peek at!!!...........

Favourite jet of the day has to be the ME262, it just had that something that kept me captivated for a while.

Regards,

John.

Nice pix John....
I dont have to resize all mine now do I !!
( You just have to get in front of a Lightning dont you ?? ...or is that another dummy ?? )

Great pics, looks like a first-rate museum. I didn't know there were any Defiants still around! I'd love to see it. Well, that and everything else, of course.

Very. nice. Thanks for sharing.. cool to see a defiant.

What is the significance of the burned out plane? Bristol Mercury engine? Was that specific aircraft of historical significance?

A Malta defender perhaps? One of the brave little Gladiators?

Going from memory it was found at the bottom of a Fjord in Norway. It was operating from the frozen water when the German bombed the lake, broke the ice and down it went.

You will now find that I am totally wrong and someone set fire to it after a heavy night out.

Haha, the dangers of mixing alcohol and aviation. Funny, Glider.

I wonder how many Salamanders are left today? That would be something to see.

Users who are viewing this thread