Rare Crazy Panzer Projekts. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

You'd have some trouble hitting it with a Tallboy from a Lancaster - but why bother? You could end it with a 500 lbs bomb. The Maus is in Kubinka Tank Museum in Russia.

Well , now that I see the amount of armour of this wacky panzer I understand the litte damage done by the 122mm shells.

mauspz2bi.gif

E-100

E100_2.jpg

The Entwicklung E-50

e506gh.jpg

Proposed replacement for the Panther, it used about 60% same components as the Pz V and the Schmalturm of Panther Ausf F, with his increased side armour.

35yq.png

Also it had a improved transmition, one of the weakest item in the Panther and other minor changes in order to ease the production.

21ez.png

Weight: about 50-55 tons, Engine: 750 hp.
Even the muzzle brake was deleted in the KWK 75mm L/70 to save raw materials.

This is a very intresting image,any info on it because only something like 3 of these were made and i know one was destroyed by its crew when it broke down,is this possibly it?

maus_dead_02.jpg

Only 2 prototypes were built and 9 were under construction. V1 and V2 were both blown up at Kummersdorf at the end of the war - the Soviet Union captured a hull and turret almost to completion - I believe they finished the job (very little to do) - on which would have been V3. And that's the one in Kubinka.

That looks like a big waddling tortoise CB not very practical.
PD My next major trip is Portsmouth docks heritage center but after that I intend to get down to Bovington tank museum and take lots of pics I dare say you've been D but It will be my first time I've been told its about the best in the world.

You'll be surprised - I've never been to Bovington - in fact, even more of a shock for you, the first time I'd actually seen a World War 2 tank was in April of this year when I went to IWM-North and they had a lone T-34/85.
The land museum in Duxford gave me a lot to look at - which was good. Make sure you get lot's of pictures for me to steal! 8)

They have one of only six (in the world) running Tigers in Bovington. Kubinka is supposed to be the best - and I imagine Aberdeen Proving Grounds has it's fair share of awesome equipment - but to Russia, to U.S or to Bovington - which is cheaper?! :lol:

It might be easy for you lot but it took me 3 hours to get to Duxford - and I don't even know where Bovington is.

Exactly - and I'm 124 miles away from Duxford - and probably well in excess of 200 miles of Bovington.

Karbine said:
This is a very intresting image,any info on it because only something like 3 of these were made and i know one was destroyed by its crew when it broke down,is this possibly it?

Probably it do, the germans put some heavy explosive ( and I mean HEAVY) charge wich blew up the turret and side armour completely.

No Maus was claimed destroyed in combat by the russians or the western allies.

Karbine said:
intresting thanks,did the soviets do anything with the one they built again?
the used the maus as a target, cos the front is marked with many impacts, but none went thru the armor, as noted before the only maus is housed in the tank museum in kubinka

ah right so they just shot it up and now the museam has it but when did it go to the museam,did it sit in a field somewhere for years before?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back