READING AIRSHOW!! (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

dowb2181

Recruit
Feb 22, 2008
CT
In june every year in Reading airport they host a WW2 weekend with 1940' music, ww2 planes takin off, reenactors driving aroud in jeeps, kubelwagons {german jeep}, a mini french town set up in the begining with americans, a us and nazi camps set up for all to see, plus theres booths were you can buy ww2 stuf like ss helmets. Go to WELCOME TO THE MID-ATLANTIC AIR MUSEUM'S WORLD WAR II WEEKEND to see more. I whent last year and it was as hot as a desert in there and they had to bring a firemans water truck and that was gone in an hour. Hope that manny people will come its on june 6-8.

Gawd it was hellaciously hot last year. LOL I remember it well.

Can't make it this year, though; hope to be in the hospital bringing a future fighter pilot into the world.

Just wanted to post and see if anybody else is planning on going to this airshow. Myself, Charles and Toughombre will be going on 7 June and if anyone else is interested maybe we could meet up.

lost 2 performers the Spit and the Hurri due to mechanical and the P40 is undergoing a engine swap after it lost it's oil pressure last week during airshow but it should make it from what I heard

Thanks Pb, I got to see the Hurricane I believe the last time but the P-40 - that I can't wait. The last time a He 111 was also supposed to be there but it wasn't. Still a great place to go. Giving up McGuire this weekend for it. :)

You ought to jump in Marseilles crate and take a trip down!

looking at the weather there is some precip coming this way its over the Rockies now I hoping you guys luck out .Then again my weather forecastibg is crap so you should be all right

Loooooooooooooooooots of pics my friend!

I will have the trusty Nikon D70, and will try to pick up and extra SD Card
this week.

Some one mentioned the He-111. The one flown by the CAF (actually a
Spanish CASA) crashed killing both men on board, and totally destroyed
the aircraft. I don't know if there are any others flying or not.

Charles

Bring lots of sunscreen its going to be in the mid 90's f or 32c and they won't allow coolers so that prevents the 6 pack so water it is . Have fun and don't kill yourselfs with the weather

Drink LOTS of water and if you get real hot, find the shade of an airplane wing. A lot of people got hit with the heat at Chino this year. Also grab some lip balm. I have had many times when I remembered the sunscreen, didn't burn anywhere, except my lips. That hurts!

I've got chairs that I've modified with umbrellas that I got at a dollar store. Work great! I was hoping the cooler bit would have gone away by now - guess not.

I've done the broiling on the tarmac bit before. :)

Latest weather report for Reading, PA for Saturday June 7.

Partly Cloudy High 94°F

Precip chance
20%

Wind: SW 7 mph
Max. Humidity: 55%
UV Index: 9 Very High

TO

I'll be on the floor.

I have a map of the place I'll try to send you. Maybe we could coordinate our advance and join at the IP?

Not working so here it is.

Attachments

• WW2WE_MAP.jpg
    WW2WE_MAP.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 81
Good luck up there Njaco. I'm going to pass this year just because it's so friggin' hot up. Even when it's in the 80s up there, it's brutal and I don't do so well in the heat. And they're talking about the 90s. But, on the good side, there are a ton of birds flying around. Last time I saw the P40 was up there.

Taking 422 in and out of there is a decent ride. Once you get off the Airshow grounds, it's a pretty fast ride. Avoid 76 and take the Blue Route, it's way faster, especially if you are heading the S. Jersey. Commodore Barry is the way to go getting over to Pa.

I've got chairs that I've modified with umbrellas that I got at a dollar store. Work great! I was hoping the cooler bit would have gone away by now - guess not.

I've done the broiling on the tarmac bit before. :)
plan for Geneseo next year its all grass and you can bring coolers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back