Realism - more than Patriotism

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

going up.jpg
yep .... building season when I was younger, 1981 :)

Last edited:
September 12. High 22, low 14. We've seen the nip of frost.
Changes ....

A 33 acre slice of land that borders us downstream is on the market for $900,000 (pink block). No threat because most of the river frontage is flood plain ... and will be black fly and mosquito heaven from May till mid August. Only one point on the river will qualify as a building site .... downstream from the meander at the western edge of our 2 acres. Note the point where there is a commanding view upstream and downstream .... For Sale sign on the road marks the downstream property line. Our gate marks the upstream line.
IMG_0806.jpg
Cutmore.jpg
IMG_0818.jpg

For reference: photo of our 2 acres

Attachments

• IMG_0820.jpg
    IMG_0820.jpg
    375.3 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
September 17. Classic mid-September sunshine, warmth and ripening fruit .. John Keats wrote a poem about this
Ode to Autumn
Season of mists and mellow fruitfulness,
Close bosom-friend of the maturing sun;
Conspiring with him how to load and bless
With fruit the vines that round the thatch-eves run;
To bend with apples the moss'd cottage-trees,
And fill all fruit with ripeness to the core;
To swell the gourd, and plump the hazel shells
With a sweet kernel; to set budding more,
And still more, later flowers for the bees,
Until they think warm days will never cease,
For Summer has o'er-brimm'd their clammy cells.

Science I can believe in:
Mummified remains, more than 50,000 years old, unveiled in Yukon
... and a useful baseline
https://www.enr.gov.nt.ca/sites/enr/files/wildlife_manuscript_report_251.pdf

Thank you, Shin, but I am a realist. Look at my hands ... arthritic ... terrible circulation, no true feeling. But .. life can keep you young, if you accept it.
Saw deer twice yesterday ... the second time a pair raced just ahead of the ATV on the packed trail for about 20 yards.
Bought the yearly maple syrup supply from my harvester-dealer. :)
Read your post and thought of something that might help with the circulation. Grape seed extract. No really. I was sceptical when I tried it to say the least but diet and exercise hadn't helped and didn't want a lifetime of drug dependance so I gave it a try. Blood pressure went down like 20 points in a 6 months and related circulation problems went away. Its cheap and worth a try. I hope this helps.

January 22, a new year started .. it's been very cold ... minus 33 at the cabin last night ....
.... I wasn't there. Have been making bi-weekly quick trips to deliver suet but no photos lept out and caught my eye. Willy and I keep in touch by phone and he just sent me photos of his latest craftsmanship ... I've suggested he tackle a Kubelwagen and a Schwiminwagen
IMG_1585.JPG
IMG_1587.JPG
IMG_1588.JPG
IMG_1591.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back