Recent Purchases (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The post was kind today. I am done for the month.

Attachments

• Airfix Junkers Ju-87B-1:Messerschmitt Bf110C-2:C-4.png
    260.5 KB · Views: 15
  • Clear Prop A5M4 Claude CP72010.png
    414.9 KB · Views: 15
  • Fine Molds Kawasaki Ki-61-I Hei.png
    553.6 KB · Views: 15
  • Fujimi Mitsubishi A5M2.png
    585.7 KB · Views: 15
  • Hasegawa Junkers Ju-87 1:48 Hungarian Markings.png
    395.7 KB · Views: 13
  • Aeromaster Decals for Ju-87.png
    232 KB · Views: 13
  • Hasegawa Kawasaki Ki-61-I Tei.png
    527.3 KB · Views: 14
  • Hasegawa Mitsubishi A6M2b type 21 1:48.png
    742.2 KB · Views: 13
  • RS Models Dewoitine D-520 Italian Service.png
    434.2 KB · Views: 14
  • D-520 decals.png
    273.5 KB · Views: 14
So which one will be finished next week??????
I never build during the school year. I can't enjoy it the way I do during the summer time. I tried once and the result was a dead crew lol. The one time I built one was a MPM Aichi Seiran. It was a nightmare. My kid walked it and picked it up to look at it. She accidentally dropped it and there were no survivors. Now, I just build as soon as the calendar says June 9th. I have already picked out the 13 I want to begin with. That could change. The recent ones I have picked up look very interesting.

Why don't you just follow in your own time the current GB list, it will give you a theme to follow and you can either post the build as you go on Start to Finish Builds or when the build is finished, post as Your Completed Kits. Just an idea. Of course, you could also enter the GB and push through a couple of kits within the time frame.

Another interesting and very well priced snag for the stash, Italeri's take on the "Beer Run" Spitfire Mk IX.

I do like the story of the beer run Spits, but NB there's no evidence to say that Johnnie Jonson was one of the delivery drivers!

Source: https://www.warhistoryonline.com/instant-articles/beer-carrying-spitfires-of-wwii.html

Italeri's 1/48 Spits are reissues of a kit by Ocidental, they look decent enough in the box but I don't know how they stack up against other brands yet. That said, Italeri's boxings are almost worth getting for the "Super Decal" sheets alone, which often offer interesting schemes. I especially like the look of the Dutch Spit:

Source: Italeri website

Last edited:
This sounds like a good idea. When Spring Break hits, I will see about getting it organized.

In the last couple weeks I like B-25's got to have 7/10 in the stash and 4/5 in the cabinets.

Attachments

• B-25 Mitchell 001.JPG
    503.3 KB · Views: 16
  • B-25 Mitchell 002.JPG
    412.4 KB · Views: 16
  • B-25 Mitchell 003.JPG
    436 KB · Views: 16

Users who are viewing this thread