Recent Purchases (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

That FW190 looks interesting Keith, and for £14 it's a bargain. I didn't know Revell had one out, and at that price, I'm interested myself! Do you know if it's a new kit? It's a bit less than their noraml prices, and the box art etc looks like Revell Germany.

Hey Keith, are you going to challenge Jan and start building models with number "lucky13"? (Just noticed that both kits you ordered are shown on boxes with tactical number 13.)

Thanks guys

did'nt notice that they are " 13's "

i got both kits from modelsforsale.com

the Fw190 is dated from the 90's.

the me109 is also dated from the 90's

Great buys PP. The P51 is a really nice kit, although the prop is ever so slightly on the 'heavy' side, but not really noticeable. The P47 is good too, from what I've seen of Karl's (rochie), could be a re-boxed Academy kit. If you're seeing your mate at Northenden, could you see if he's got an Italeri 1/48th scale Tornado F3?!! It's out of production, but there might still be some around, especially at places like his shop. ( Can't find your post where you gave me the address details I'm afraid!)

Hmmmm i've never seen a single Italeri kit in his shop, did see a 1:48 Revell Tornado there though for £8.00 think it was a GR.4 though can't be sure.

I've started the P-47 its been great so far, one of my favorite fighters from WWII i love the shape of the body this big brutish unforgiving piece of engineering, wonderful

Nice buys PP!. Here's my latest models to the collection, both as a surprise from the wife Also grabbed a copy of JEJ's book for 50cents today, bargain!

Attachments

• 027.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 61
  • 028.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 59
  • 029.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 53
Some good buys there Guys....got this one today, some great and useful info that confirmed some stuff that I thought to be correct which till now hadn't been addressed!

Attachments

• Me262 book_5753.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 55
Good hauls guys. Andy, if that's a first, or even second edition of Johnson's book, for 50 Cents it's a bargain of a lifetime - they're commanding bl**dy high prices in some places nowadays! Even the last published edition is around £20 now. He lived only a few miles from me, until he died a few years back.

Lucky @*@$* !!! Definitely a great bargain mate - I saw a tatty copy of his 'Full Circle' a few months back, a re-print from around the mid '70's, on a second-hand book stall for £15, so heaven knows what your 'Wing Leader' would fetch!!
Of course, I guess you're like me, just want the book, and not too bothered about 'colectors' values, but good to know it's got value too.

It's amazing how much certain books can go for. I have a copy of "Coomalie Charlies Commandoes" which I picked up second hand for $20, every time I see it on ebay it usually goes for $110+. Same for "Whispering Death" by Parnell, I nearly blew with excitment when I grabbed that one for $15!
But in the end I'm like you Terry, I want the books for the info inside, not for its resale value.

Users who are viewing this thread