Recent Purchases (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Looks nice, it will be a great model. For me, the King Tiger with "Porsche Turret" always looked much more elegant then the standard "Henschel Turret".

Nice buy Wayne, and it'll sure make life a lot easier, especially in 1/48th scale! I agree about the 'Porsche' King Tiger, it looked much ...'nicer' - if such a beast can be described as 'nice'! The box art pic is based on photographs of the tanks in the forest near Arnhem, during the battle, as far as I know. One of the few places where the remaining Porsche Kings saw action.
Keith, you're a lucky sod! I had a look at the place where you got the FW190, hoping to pick up one. You got the last one!!
Anyway, the 'Postie' eventually brought my couple of things, after a weeks wait. Apparently there was a Post Office strike in the area of Model Hobbies. Two 'cheapies' this time, one for my 56 Squadron build, at under £5 ($8 US) !! The other one's for the MTO GB Beaufighter.
Note the printing error on the packaging for the Beau exhausts - I nearly threw a thrombie, thinking they'd sent the wrong parts, but they are 1/32nd scale!

Attachments

• Buys 040.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 79
  • Buys 042.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 79
  • Buys 043.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 77
Nice one Igor! I nearly got a 1/48th Hurricane IIC for the MTO build - I've always liked the cannon-armed version.
Looking forward to your build. Do you need any information or profiles etc? I think I've got some stuff on the North African-based Hurricane units.

Thanks for the offer Terry. Will let you know if something come up when MTO GB starts. For now I have my basics covered. It will be Hurricane Mk IIC in desert camouflage but I will use decals for No 351 (Yugoslav) Squadron RAF machine, which are not included with the kit but can be purchased separately here in Serbia. So, here's the profile of aircraft which model I wish to build:

Attachments

• C72---Hurricane-Mk.II,-LD11.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
That's an attractive colour scheme Igor. I'll see what I've got in the way of cockpit and detail pics for the MkII and let you know. I might have somke pics of Yugoslav Hurricanes too.

Thanks Terry. For a while I was in a dilemma which model to build - this Hurricane or Spitfire of No 352 (Yugoslav) squadron with similar paint scheme and markings. I've decided in favor of Hurricane because I've never build one before. Any help on the cockpit colors and detail pictures will be very much appreciated. I will start appropriate thread this weekend when MTO GB officially begins.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread