Recent Purchases (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Great choice Cory! I've always loved the Golden Hawks colour scheme, it's a beauty. You should find that spraying gold will be much easier than you think. With 'silver' paints, most people are aiming for a natural metal effect, unless wanting the soert of painted silver finish used, for example, by the RAF post-war, which can be a problem sometimes. But the Golden Hawks were painted gold, so as long as you get it on smooth, you should be ok.
Wojtek, you're right about the Bundesluft Sabres. There was a lot of politics involved at the time, not worth going into for a simple reply, which is why, I think, Canadair Sabres were supplied, rather than NA-built aircraft. West Germany, being literally the 'front line' of a possible incursion by the USSR, was deemed as a valuable assest, in terms of its available Air Force and Army, and were supplied accordingly. I agree, they do look nice in the German scheme, as did the Fiat G91's later.

just ordered these babies, today. it cost me a grand total of arounf $80, which I do kind of regret blowing.

RV420220B73780020Air20Berlin.jpg

4473750.jpg

M1453420Delta20McDD20MD80-C.jpg

M1163520Cessna20172-C.jpg

it was expensive. the MD-80 and Alaska Airlines decals i got from airline hobby supplies. and the Boeing 737 and C172 I got from amazon.com. both the Boeing and the Cessna were from this place that charged an arm and a leg for shipping.

I've got a small problem i was wondering if anyone could help me, i'm in need of some 1:48 scale P-51B decals as the ones i got with my Tamiya kit were ruined accidently, the problem i've got is that i've found that replacements would cost between £7-10 which i can't believe for what is essentially stickers. Does anybody have any going spare that they wouldn't mind passing my way if you do it would be really helpful!

No problem. I've used the 'stars and bars' I'm afraid, but the rest are there. Think I've got some colour pics of this machine too, showing the slight changes before he 'stuffed it' into a mound whilst beating-up Debden airfield! Ooops!!
Bung me a PM with an address, and I'll get them on the next passing carrier pigeon. Failing that, Royal Mail might work!

What size stars and bars would you need? I have some that might be of use.

I would need 1:48 scale stars and bars, just your standard WW2 stars and bars.

Thanks very much Terry i'll PM you now, hopefully the carrier pigeon will make it although i've got a greedy cat which might take a liking to Pigeon meat!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back