Recent Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

As per usual, it'll have the trademark Obi Wan Little finish, so please hurry up and finish that Finnish Hurri, I'm in a hurry to see it finished...

Got this today:

4562_Sabre.gif

Nice Sabre kit Cory! It builds into a good-looking model, with some nice detail. The air intake is blanked-off inside, IIRC, but can easily be opened up if required. I think I've still got the RCAF and West German Luftwaffe decals from the original Monogram issue if you need them?

A quick question to everyone, what is the general feeling towards Fujimi kits? are they anygood? i've seen some around for reasonable prices and wondered if they would be worth buying?

You didn't! They were Canadian-built Canadair Sabres, and they went to Germany in the 1950's, when (the then) West Germany was by then part of NATO, and one of our allies.
BB, yes, it's the same kit. Monogram have been part of the Revell company since the late 1960's, (Revell Monogram) but used to trade under their own name. Now, it all goes under the Revell lable, and you'll find some kits that are re-boxed Hasegawa, and others, and, of course, the old Matchbox range. Revell bought the mould tools from Lesney Products when Matchbox folded a few years ago, and have started to re-issue many of the kits. The sprues of these kits have the Matchbox name, logo, and 'Made in England' roughly moulded out!

I think it was caused much more by the cold war than being the NATO member.Anyway these German Sabres look very nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back