Recent Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

How's Lindberg Ju-87 1/48 scale kit? That was the Ju-87 that was with the Do-217 but shipped desperately. From the 1/72 scale P-51 I have, looks like it's el-cheapo if it is anything alike.

and you can also identify it with the oinns holding the clips togheter..only used on Bf 110 and Fw 190..all others had springs between the clip :)

fresh out of the ground so it need some cleaninga nd some oil/brass and coppershine will make wonders :) hope you enjouy them :)

Just won this on ebay, some fecker tried to snipe it at the the last minute, but I was waiting for him! :D

Classic Airframes 1/48 Walrus
Going to build it as IAC Walrus N20. All over silver dope with tricolours on the wings and tail.

Fantastic buy Muller, simply love seaplanes and as for the ammo, good stuff.

It's here! It's here!!!! My Do-217E-4.

Nice buy H, is the Do 217 going to join the Heavy's GB?

Finally got part of my order for the 56 Squadron build delivered today - which is strange, as there's a Postal strike in force today and tomorrow! Just waiting for two more kits (for now) to make up the 12 types from 1918 to 2008.

Good buys Terry, my two Tornado F.3s still in production here and I also have the F.3 Meteor and Gladiator to build, I'll let you know when I'm starting them.

Hi Vic! Not sure yet. It depends how long the Stuka takes me :D

Today I'm off to buy 70 dollars worth of stuff....

Paint x 12 (Model Master which is 3.30 a jar (grrrr) that comes out to 39.60 so I have quite some money left!
Sandpaper and then I'll see what I can buy after that (Self healing mat, Sprue cutters among other things)

:lol:

Last edited:
Hi Vic! Not sure yet. It depends how long the Stuka takes me :D

Today I'm off to buy 70 dollars worth of stuff....

Paint x 12 (Model Master which is 3.30 a jar (grrrr) that comes out to 39.60 so I have quite some money left!
Sandpaper and then I'll see what I can buy after that (Self healing mat, Sprue cutters among other things)

:lol:

Have a fun spend H, the self healing mat would be a good buy. How's your workroom coming along?
:hotsun: :hotsun:

Harrison, I've only seen photos of the Lindbergh JU87, and it looked a bit basic compared to more modern kits. But, it is an old kit, and with a bit of work, can probably turn out quite nice. But for $7 for the two, it's more than worth it - in the UK, that Dornier kit is around £27, about $45 or more!
Dirk, Airfix kits were once excellent, in general, and many still are. However, as the company has been taken over a number of times in recent years, their products, and reputation, are a little inconsistent! Some of the very old (early 1960's) 1/72nd scale kits have been re-released at 'modern' prices, which annoys many people, and some of their better kits have been withdrawn, probably with the moulding tools sold off to other manufacturers, for example Eduard. I think it's a case of a little knowledge being useful before purchasing a particular kit, as it depends on the era it was first produced. The early 1980's saw some exceptionally good 1/48th scale kits for the time, which still stand up well against todays products which use advanced moulding techniques. The Tornado F3, however, is not one of their best offerings, being inaccurate in some areas, with extremely poor fit of parts, and some main components obviosuly produced separately (as 'modifications' or 'additions', to change from the GR1 to F3) elsewhere. These are in a completely different grade and texture of plastic, where the poorer grade has raised detail, and the 'additions', in this case a complete fuselage half and specific-to type parts, has recessed detail and better plastic. But, being fair, with a lot of work, the kit does produce a nice looking Tornado F3 and, at the moment, it's the only one around in this scale.(Hobby Boss have announced one)
For people of a 'certain age', in the UK at least, Airfix is, in a way, part of their 'heritage', and part of growing up. The company produced its first commercial kit in 1952, so there are many, myself included, who have literally grown up with Airfix kits, first as 'pocket money' toys or weekend passtimes, then growing into a serious hobby, and this was long, long before the rise of the 'new' companies such as Hasegawa, or some of the other (now) market leaders. So, it's a bit of a mixed reaction for Airfix, where some, and again I include myself, will defend criticism, but at the same time criticise, due to the recent poor showing of the company since its acquisition by Hornby.
The bottom line is, Airfix kits, in general, are more than acceptable, with some equalling the newer 'big boys', but one has to know what one is buying. To that end, if there is a particular kit you're interested in, ask me, or others and, if it is known, or there is experience of the kit, then the details can probably be provided.
Sorry for the long reply - back to the thread!!!

Thanks Terry! I have to see which Ju-87 I want to build that one or Revell.....

Vic, the work room is coming along nicely! I bought some drawers with a lock so when guests are over any models being worked on will go there as well as the airbrush, knives etc. :D

Busy Busy day at the hobby shop yesterday.

I got some thinner for Model Masters paint, 6mm masking tape, 10 sanding films, a fine point brush, and a Dornier Do-17Z kit I will be keeping this one until the BOB Group Build next year.

Then.... I got ALL my RLM colors..

RLM 02, 66, 72, 73, 65, 70, 71, 79, 80, and 78.

I also, got a plastic drawer set for sale at Bed Bath and Beyond for 8 dollars.

The HobbyCraft Dornier Do-17Z kit was 15 dollars, at first it was 25 dollars but the store owner said that he forgot he had it and it would be just 15 dollars for me. My grand total for spending yesterday was 55 dollars and still 35 dollars left over :D

Anyone know anything about this particular kit?

Attachments

• 102_4849.JPG
    102_4849.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 97
  • 102_4850.JPG
    102_4850.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 95
  • 102_4851.JPG
    102_4851.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 91
  • 102_4853.JPG
    102_4853.JPG